The positive thinker sees the invisible; feels the intangible;
and achieves the impossible.
Ann Morgan is a distinguished attorney in our employment and labor law practice, where her work includes employment law, aviation and general business law matters. She serves in a general counsel capacity to private individuals as well as the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority. Ann is also the past chairman of the Legal Affairs Committee for Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA), an industry group for airports throughout the United States, Canada and Europe.
Originally headed to graduate school in library science, Ann’s plans changed when she fell head over heels for a guy and followed him to the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law. She recently celebrated her 42nd wedding anniversary with “that guy,” and the couple have enjoyed fortuitous careers in the law, including being the first husband and wife to serve as presidents of the State Bar of Nevada as well as the Washoe County Bar Association. Ann is fond of goal-setting, both personally and professionally — she once wrote out and achieved 100 individual objectives. In her work as an employment attorney, she likes to analyze and prioritize, looking for opportunities to resolve her clients’ issues in a manner that makes both business and legal sense. She truly loves being a labor attorney, and listening to clients – and her favorite moment is when she thinks: “I would love to work on solving that problem.”
She enjoys mentoring young attorneys, stressing the independence a legal career offers and the opportunities to work with really interesting people. Offering the wealth of knowledge she has gained during her career, Ann is a frequent speaker on the practice of law, most recently on the subject of improving law firm diversity.
In her personal life, Ann is an avid fan of the theater and has seen almost all of Shakespeare’s plays. She is also known for her themed parties and cocktails. Her next adventure entails visiting historic Lodges, beginning with Yosemite National Park.
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- B.A., University of Nevada, Reno
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our attorneys practicing in the employment and labor relations area advise and defend management in virtually all aspects of the employment relationship.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
Our privacy and data security practice addresses the administrative, regulatory and litigation concerns of business in the face of mounting threats and increasing state and federal regulation in the areas of data privacy, data breach and security.
- Aviation, Aerospace and Autonomous Systems
- Real Estate Litigation
- Wills and Trust Litigation
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Aviation Law, Employment Law – Management, Government Contracts, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment, Litigation – Trusts and Estates, 2011-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Trusts and Estate, 2020, 2022 and 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2012, 2015 and 2019
- “Legal Elite,” Nevada Business Magazine, 2014-2021
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Top 50 Women, 2012, 2018-2020
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Employment and Labor, 2007-2021
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Top 100 Lawyers, 2018
- Professional Achievement Award, 2017 Nevada Alumni Association, 2017
- Muriel Skelly Special Recognition Award, 2016
- Nevada’s Best Lawyers®, 2013
- Top 50 Women Attorneys in the Mountain States, Salt Lake Magazine, July 2012
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Top 40 Women, 2011
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Author, “Everyone Ought to Have to Write a Column,” Nevada Lawyer, June 1, 2022
- Author, “President’s Message: Eat Lunch!” Nevada Lawyer, May 1, 2022
- Interview, “Girl Scouts continue to have lasting impact on women’s courage, confidence and character,” KOLO8, April 13, 2022
- Author, “Time for a Reset,” Nevada Lawyer, January 2021
- Author, “Data drives action — which is significant for Nevada’s LGBTQ+ community,” Reno Gazette Journal, October 1, 2021
- Author, “It is Hard to Ask for Help, and Even Harder to Offer It,” Nevada Lawyer, August 2021
- Podcast, “Diversity Equity and Inclusion with Ann Morgan,” Fenn.Talks Podcast, May 27, 2021
- Author, “The Absolute Necessity to be Uncomfortable,” Fennemore Blog, February 11, 2021
- Co-author, “COVID-19: Health Plan Coverage For Furloughed Employees,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 26, 2020
- Co-author, “Understanding the Emergency Family Medical Leave Expansion Act and Emergency Paid Sick Leave in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 20, 2020
- Co-author, “Frequently Asked Questions About the Coronavirus in the Employment Setting,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 17, 2020
- Speaker, “Harassment at Work: A Legal Perspective,” NAE Annual Employers Conference, June 15, 2018
- Quoted, “Sustaining Member Spotlight,” NNWLA, April 29, 2018
Professional and community activities
- President, State Bar of Nevada
- Vice President, Board of Governors, Nevada State Bar Association, 2019-2020
- Member, Board of Governors, Nevada State Bar Association, 2012-present
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member and Past President, Washoe County Bar Association
- Member, Nevada State Bar Professionalism Committee
- Member, First Tuesday Business Group
- Member, Northern Nevada Women Lawyers Association
- Lawyer Representative, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- Chancellor, Trinity Episcopal Church, Episcopal Diocese of Nevada
- Chair, Legal Affairs Committee, Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA), 2018
- Board Member, Nevada Womens Fund (NWF), 2008-2014
- Co-Chair, Lawyer representative for District of Nevada, 2011-2012
- Member, Go Red for Women, American Heart Association, 2012
- Member, Reno Renegades, Reno Tahoe Open Foundation, 2012
- Member, Washoe County Judicial Survey Committee, 2012
- Member and Vice Chair, Nevada State Board of Bar Examiners, 1991-2011
- Moderator, Nevada State Bar Professionalism Summit, 2008
- Chairman, Washoe County Judicial Survey Committee, 1998, 2006
- Member, Supreme Court Commission on Multijurisdictional Practice, 2001
- Former Vice Chairman, State Bar of Nevada, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U. S. Supreme Court