BENJAMIN W. BAUER
Ben practices in the areas of real estate, commercial transactions and finance. He has experience in the real estate transaction and development area, including unimproved and improved property, master-planned projects, mixed-use development, leasing and governmental relations. His transactional practice includes business and asset acquisition and disposition, stock transactions, corporate and partnership transactions and employment agreements. Ben’s financial practice includes corporate finance, lending and exempt securities transactions.
J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law
B.S. and B.A, University of Arizona
Areas Of Practice
Our health care attorneys serve a range of clients within the ever-expanding realm of healthcare law. We offer a comprehensive suite of services that touches on every aspect of the healthcare industry.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
- Real Estate Finance and Lending
- Sale of a behavioral health hospital within an integrated healthcare campus to a publicly held company.
- Lead counsel to the Board of Directors and Strategic Transaction Advisory Committee of Unisource Energy Corporation (NYSE: UNS), in connection with a proposed acquisition by the private equity firm of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., LP, J.P. Morgan Partners, LLC and Wachovia Capital Partners for total consideration of approximately $3 Billion.
- Lead counsel to Board of Directors of HealthPartners of Arizona, Inc., at the time Arizona’s largest health maintenance organization owned by two of Arizona’s largest hospital groups, Samaritan Health Services and TMC HealthCare, and a large group of independent physicians, for the sale to United HealthCare Services, Inc. (NYSE: UNH).
- Arizona counsel to owner and developer of J.W. Marriott Starr Pass Resort in connection with project development and finance.
- Counsel to developer of The Gallery at Dove Mountain in connection with project development, country club development, joint ventures and the Accenture-WGC Match Play Championship within the Dove Mountain master planned community.
- Counsel to Foster Grant Corporation to successfully sell various corporate divisions as part of plan of liquidation.
- Negotiation and implementation of complex public/private transactions to provide site and relocate the National Headquarters of the Muscular Dystrophy Association to Tucson, Arizona.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Law, Real Estate Law, 2005-2020
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Pima County Bar Association
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Metropolitan Pima Alliance
- Member, Advisory Board and Counsel, Angel Charity for Children, Inc., 2006-2016
- Member, Southwest Regional Council, Valparaiso University School of Law, 2006-2016
- National Vice President, Muscular Dystrophy Association, 2005-2011
- Member, Governor’s Task Force on High Speed Rail, 1997