BILL G. RIDENOUR
Bill focuses his practice in banking, corporate law, real estate, zoning and litigation. A former aid to Senators Barry Goldwater and Paul Fannin, Bill continues to address and manage financial and investment transactions concerning bank regulatory compliance, loan negotiations and documentations, securities lending and holding company formations.
A University of Arizona graduate, Bill continues to stay close to Arizona’s higher education system by serving on the Arizona Board of Regents. Gov. Jan Brewer appointed Bill to this post, where he will serve until 2021.
A fourth-generation Arizona native, Bill was born in Safford and grew up in Kingman. He spends his free time enjoying a broad collection of Western and Native American art.
- J.D. University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- M.A., with highest distinction Rutgers University
- B.A. University of Arizona
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Freeman Medal, Outstanding Student, University of Arizona, 1966
- President, Student Bar Association, University of Arizona, 1968-1969
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
- Corporate and Business Planning
- Represented seller in sale of golf courses and surrounding properties in Prescott.
- Represented the Mescalero Tribe in New Mexico with financing of resort.
- Represented Bashas Corporation in all corporate financing.
- Represented Arizona State Retirement System in developing and documenting $600M loan portfolio.
- Represented Arizona State Compensation fund (now Copper Point Mutual) in developing and documenting $300M loan portfolio.
- Represented the State of Arizona in financing and relocating Hughes Helicopter to Mesa, Arizona.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate Law, 2016-2021
- Arizona Business Leader, Banking, AZ Big Media, 2012, 2015-2016
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Frequent speaker on real estate and lender-related issues
Professional and community activities
- Board of Directors, University of Arizona Foundation
- Board of Directors, University of Arizona Alumni Association
- Member, Arizona Board of Regents, 8 year term, 2014-2021
- Judge Pro Tem, Maricopa County Superior Court
- General Counsel, Arizona Banker’s Association
- Board of Directors, Hope and A Future
- Board of Directors, Arizona Nurses Foundation
- Board of Directors, Arizona Bar Foundation
- Governor’s Task Force on Human Trafficking
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Arizona Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Arizona March of Dimes
- Board of Directors, Heard Museum
- Board of Directors, Scottsdale Museum of the West
- Board of Directors, Old Tucson Foundation
- Board of Directors, Park Western