BRADLEY J. PEW
Brad Pew works in our business litigation and natural resources practice groups where his work focuses on litigation and appellate work in both state and federal court. He has experience representing a broad range of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, municipalities, and local businesses. Brad represents clients in cases involving a variety of issues, including constitutional issues, election law, water rights, mining, the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act.
Brad began thinking about a career in law when he was a senior in high school here in Arizona. Learning about the judicial branch of our government fascinated Brad, and when his government class did a mock trial, he got a taste for the courtroom that left him wanting more. After graduating summa cum laude from Arizona State University, Brad went on to law school at Brigham Young University, where he graduated first in his class. After law school, Brad was the highest scorer on the July 2016 Arizona bar exam. He also completed a year-long clerkship for the Honorable Jay S. Bybee with Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. His clerkship gave him a unique, inside perspective of the judicial system and inspired a passion for appellate advocacy.
Now, Brad enjoys helping clients navigate their way through lawsuits and appeals in state and federal court. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Brad has participated in remote and modified court proceedings, including a multi-month virtual trial. Brad takes ownership of his clients’ problems and thinks outside the box to find solutions, recognizing that the best solution can often be found outside the courtroom. Brad is committed to consistent and clear client communication and enjoys developing relationships with his clients and learning about their business.
Outside of the office, Brad enjoys spending time with his family and playing the piano and cello.
- J.D., summa cum laude, Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School
- B.A., summa cum laude, Arizona State University
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Awards and Honors
- Awarded, 2023 Top Pro Bono Attorneys, Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education
Articles and Presentations
- Author, “Alsea Valley, “Al-see” You Later? After Center for Biological Diversity v. BLM, the Ninth Circuit May Reconsider Longstanding Precedent Limiting Appealability of Orders Remanding with Vacatur,” The Foundation, September 2023
- Co-author, “A Common-Sense Interpretation of the Phrase ‘Throughout All or a Significant Portion of Its Range’,” Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Journal, January 1, 2021