Based in Phoenix, Brandon Gardner is an of counsel in our trusts and estates law practice, where his work focuses on estate planning, trust and estate administration, probate, and taxation. Brandon is experienced in tax planning and tax reporting, including the preparation of estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax returns. Brandon also coordinates with financial advisors and CPAs on the titling and administration of trust assets. Additionally, Brandon assists high-net-worth individuals and families develop wealth preservation and charitable giving strategies.
Originally an architecture major, the housing crash of 2008 changed the course of Brandon’s career, as it was then that the intricacies of national and global markets led him to study economics. That new field stimulated his interest in the interaction between financial matters and the law. After a brief stint as a prosecutor, Brandon added a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in taxation to his Juris Doctor degree. Now, he receives great satisfaction from navigating his clients through the complexities of the law in order to help them preserve their wealth and achieve their individual and family goals.
A former wrestler, Brandon now spends his time helping his lovely wife wrestle their three wonderful kids, spending time outdoors camping and hiking, and cheering his children on in their many activities, including piano, violin, drama, dance, soccer, and parkour.
- LL.M., Taxation University of Florida, Levin College of Law
- J.D., cum laude, Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School
- B.S., magna cum laude, Weber State University
- Graduate Student Editor, Florida Tax Review, 2016-2017
- Associate Editor, Brigham Young University Journal of Public Law, 2012-2013
Areas Of Practice
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, 2021-2022
Professional and community activities
- Member, East Valley Estate Planning Council
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Oasis Academy
- Past Board Member, Wasatch Front Inn of Transactional Counsel
- German, Proficient