BRETT C. GILMORE
The leading rule for the lawyer...is diligence. Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.
Brett Gilmore provides high-powered representation in the firm’s business litigation practice group. His practice covers many areas of civil litigation, including business disputes, restrictive covenants, legal malpractice, employment matters, intellectual property, construction defects, and appeals. Brett’s practice is marked by success, which he attributes to his passion for law, rugged work ethic, and unyielding commitment to excellence.
Brett understands that his first priority as a business litigation lawyer is to learn his clients’ businesses from the inside out. Before his career as a business litigation attorney, Brett spent over a decade gaining valuable experience in the health care, commercial aviation and outdoor industries. His diverse and well-rounded background, paired with his keen legal mind and broad array of talents, makes him uniquely qualified to provide strategic and highly effective representation across all sectors of the business community.
For law school, Brett attended the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, where he graduated second in class, received awards for excellence in legal writing and oral advocacy, and served as senior managing editor of Arizona Law Review. In recognition of his outstanding academic achievements, Brett was named a distinguished scholar — the James E. Rogers College of Law’s highest honor. After graduating, Brett served a one-year clerkship with Vice Chief Justice John Pelander of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Distinguished Scholar
- Dean’s List
- Senior Managing Editor, Arizona Law Review
- B.S., University of Utah
- Dean’s List
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2023
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Interview, “Learning to Juggle Lawyering and Life is a Tremendous Challenge but it isn’t an Impossible Task,” Fennemore Blog, May 12, 2022
- Co-author, Practical Challenges to Enforcing Confidentiality Agreements, 67 Rocky Mtn. Min. L. Inst. 18-1, 2021
Professional and community activities
- Volunteer Attorney, Arizona Legal Center
- Student Volunteer, Volunteer Lawyers Program
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court