Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart.
BYRIN A. ROMNEY
Byrin Romney is an attorney in our firm with a rapidly-developing practice. He advises on a broad range of civil litigation matters, including business, real estate, and water disputes.
Understanding that the law often animates how businesses and communities operate, Byrin entered the legal industry to help clients find innovative solutions to their problems. He enjoys handling matters that go beyond the ordinary and that provide clients with a sense of security and resolution. Byrin represents clients in complex civil matters before the court, in mediation, and in settlement negotiations. He also has extensive experience drafting complaints, motions, and other litigation documents vital to the litigation process. An important part of Byrin’s practice also includes advising clients on the use and application of their water rights.
Byrin also focuses his practice on internet content regulation in the US and abroad. He completed a legal externship in London with the British Board of Film Classification. In conjunction, he authored a law review article for the Vermont Law Review. Today, he consults various nonprofit organizations interested in online child protection.
Out of the office, Byrin unwinds by training for and competing in triathlons, playing volleyball, and wake surfing. He especially enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law
- B.A., Brigham Young University
- Business Law Certificate, Willamette University
- Winner, First Year Appellate Competition, Willamette University
- Member, Moot Court Board
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
- Civil Litigation
- Internet and E-Commerce Law
- Water Law
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author, “California State Water Resources Control Board Considers Imposing Mandatory Water Use Restrictions Statewide in Response to Drought Conditions”, California Water Law & Policy Reporter, Volume 32, Number 4, January 2022
- Panelist, “Age Verification for Adult Websites,” Questioning Pornography, October 8, 2020
- Author, “Screens, Teens, and Porn Scenes: Legislative Approaches to Protecting Youth From Exposure to Pornography,” Vermont Law Review, 2020