Independence means you decide according to the law and the facts.
- Stephen Breyer
Chris Carrillo is an associate who works in our Employment & Labor and Litigation practice groups out of our San Bernardino office. His practice focuses on employment and labor issues. Chris represents clients through all aspects of litigation, as well as serving in an advisory capacity. In 2016, he prevailed in a highly publicized age discrimination jury trial representing a terminated Division Fire Chief. Chris ultimately made arguments before the California Courts of Appeal, proving success in a published decision that set new precedent for the California Firefighter Bill of Rights.
Chris has been an Adjunct Professor in Trial Advocacy and Professional Responsibility at the University of La Verne College of Law and volunteers his time coaching the Citrus Valley High School Mock Trial team.
He has worked for the United States Senate, the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, and currently serves as a Governing Board Member for the East Valley Water District Board of Directors.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- M.A., Claremont Graduate University
- B.A., Georgetown University
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
- 2022 – Lead trial counsel in a residential easement dispute between neighbors in Redlands, CA involving quiet title, permanent injunctive relief, intentional interference with easement, private nuisance, and trespass. Representing plaintiff, obtained a complete plaintiff verdict in a three-week jury and bench trial. The jury also found that the defendant’s conduct was “malicious” prompting a phase II punitive damages trial
- 2021 – Prevailed as lead trial counsel in a five-day unlawful detainer bench trial representing plaintiff, a commercial property owner, in a case involving complex allegations of contract formation
- 2018 – Published decision in California’s Fourth District Court of Appeal
- 2016 – Obtained $1.8 million judgment in favor of client in an age discrimination jury trial
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, State Bar of California
- Governing Board Member, East Valley Water District Board of Directors
- Head Coach, Citrus Valley High School Mock Trial Program
- Board Member, The Wildlands Conservancy
- Board Member, Montessori in Redlands
- Former Board Member, Redlands Bowl Performing Arts