DAVID ANDREW TIMCHAK
DAVID ANDREW TIMCHAK
David is a director in our business litigation practice group where his work focuses primarily on general business litigation and civil appeals. He likes being in a courtroom, and his broad courtroom experience includes acting as both defense and plaintiff’s trial counsel with cases such as defending national corporations in complex and major issue litigation, prosecuting trade secret violations, representing corporations in complex business, employment law, and insurance law cases, and defending corporations in multimillion dollar personal injury lawsuits. David also handles appeals and special actions relating to constitutional claims, statutory and administrative law interpretation, tort claims, as well as contract and real property disputes.
With a history background and experience working as a staff account and financial advisor, David didn’t immediately have his sights set on becoming an attorney, but after taking the LSATs on a whim, graduating fourth in his class from law school, and achieving the second-highest score on the February 2015 Arizona Bar Exam, he’s now definitely found his true calling in the legal field. He especially likes the prep work involved in preparing for a trial, creating the building blocks to get to the ultimate goal. This attention to detail and a willingness to go to trial or find a settlement with leverage has taken David to the highest levels, and he’s now licensed in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Out of the office, David enjoys racing downhill mountain bikes in steep places like the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, and he finds the dangerous adrenaline rush of the sport to be both creative and spiritual – focusing the mind much like meditation.
- J.D., Arizona Summit Law School
- B.A., Arizona State University
- Staff Editor, Phoenix Law Review
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Awards and Honors
- Southwest Rising Stars®, Appellate, 2019-2023
Articles and Presentations
Professional and community activities
- Executive Council Member, State Bar of Arizona Appellate Practice Section
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association Council of Appellate Lawyer Pro-Bono Committee
- Member, American Bar Association Council of Appellate Lawyer Journal of Appellate Practice and Process
- Member, Arizona Court of Appeals Pro Bono Representation Program
- Member, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Pro Bono Representation Program
- Member at Large, Arizona State Bar Appellate Practice Section Executive Council
- Member at Large, American Bar Association Council of Appellate Lawyers Executive Board
- Conference Team Member, Judicial Performance Review, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court