Work hard, play hard.
DONALD R. FISCHBACH
Don Fischbach works out of our Fresno office in our business litigation practice group where he specializes in all types of civil litigation, including tort, business litigation and plaintiff personal injury, as well as consulting and client relations. He was elected by the Board of Governors of the State Bar of California to serve as State Bar President from 1994 to 1995.
As the first member of his family to attend college, Don was ultimately drawn to becoming a lawyer through his interest in the law, government and politics, and to this day, he receives great satisfaction in obtaining successful outcomes for his clients. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), and is a past faculty member of the Hastings College of Advocacy, serving as an adjunct assistant professor of law, teaching torts at San Joaquin College of Law in Fresno. He has also lectured extensively and authored articles on the subject of litigation. Mr. Fischbach has been selected by his peers from 2004 through the present as one of Northern California’s Super Lawyers®, representing the top 5 percent of practicing attorneys in Northern California. Don was nominated in 2012 along with co-counsel by the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) as a finalist for Consumer Attorney of the Year for his participation in a Ponzi scheme trial which resulted in a $115,000,000 jury verdict in 2011.
Outside of the office, Don unwinds through travel and sports. He is also active in the community, serving as past President of the Fresno County Bar Association, and has been on the Board of Trustees of Children’s Hospital Central California, Central California Blood Center, Fresno Regional Foundation, and other community-based organizations. He is also a past President of the San Joaquin Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL). Don was recently honored with the Fresno County Bar Association Bernard Witkin Lifetime Achievement Award.
- J.D. University of California, Hastings College of Law
- B.S., Business Administration, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
With more than 100 years of experience, we are one of the largest personal injury law firms in the Mountain West.
Our professional liability practice group offers service and experience in all aspects of professional liability, including conflict avoidance through counseling, dispute resolution through mediation and arbitration, representation in actual or threatened litigation, and representation in professional licensing and disciplinary proceedings.
Awards and Honors
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2021
- Bernard Witkin Lifetime Achievement Award, Fresno County Bar Association, 2020
- Petit Mentor Award, Fresno County Bar Association, 2015
- Hastings College of Law, Fresno Alumni Chapter, Alumnus of the Year, 2006
- Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, Central California Legal Service and Fresno County Bar Association, 2005
- Cal Poly College of Business, Alumnus of the Year, 1999
- Volunteer of the Year, Fresno County Volunteer Legal Services Program, 1988
- President’s Pro Bono Service Award, State Bar of California, 1988
- Teacher of the Year, San Joaquin College of Law, 1985
- Super Lawyers®
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Associate Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Member, Board of Governors, San Joaquin Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, State Bar of California Foundation
- Board of Directors, Fresno County Attorneys Referral Service
- Fellow, American Bar Association
- Past Judge Pro-Tem – Superior Court of California
- Past Arbitrator/Mediator, American Arbitration Association, Fresno, Madera and Tulare County Superior Courts
- Past Member, Board of Director, State Bar of California Foundation
- Past Faculty Member, Hastings College of Advocacy
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, San Joaquin College of Law
- Former Certified Instructor, State of California Paralegal Program
- Past President, State Bar of California
- Former Governor, Board of Governors, State Bar of California
- Past President, Fresno County Bar Association
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Fresno County Bar Association
- Past President, Fresno County Young Lawyers Association
- Former Director, California Young Lawyers Association
- Past President, San Joaquin Chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Past Member, Board of Trustees, Children’s Hospital Central California
- Past Member, Board of Directors, American Cancer Society
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Central California Blood Center
- Past President and Member, Board of Governors, Fresno Regional Foundation