Buy low - sell high!
GEORGE O. KRAUJA
George Krauja is the Managing Partner of our Tucson office where he works in our business litigation practice group. His work focuses primarily in business contract litigation, including trade secret cases and complex design and fabrication contracts in the defense and aerospace industries, construction contracts, and other commercial disputes. In real estate litigation, he works on matters involving claims for damages, breach of contract, rescission, title and escrow issues, development disputes, and lien priority disputes. In the cross-border Agribusiness sector, George works with US and Mexico-based distributors in matters involving growers, brokers and wholesalers. He also maintains a significant appellate practice.
George has always been drawn to the competitive nature of litigation where “losing hurts more than winning feels good.” He enjoys the long battle and takes great satisfaction in obtaining positive outcomes for his business clients. Over his career, this has involved partnership accounting and business dissolutions, trust and estate litigation, lender liability defense, trade secrets, and non-compete matters. Tax controversy clients have looked to him for federal income tax and unrelated business taxable income issues, and transaction privilege tax, use tax, and rent tax matters. George has also worked on defamation and First Amendment issues, primarily for media clients.
As a prominent member of the Tucson community, George is a member of the Southern Arizona Leadership Council, as well as the Rotary Club of Tucson. Outside of work, George enjoys golf and hiking in the Catalina Mountains with his Bernese Mountain Dog named Barrister.
- J.D., with highest distinction University of Arizona College of Law
- B.S.B.A., with highest distinction University of Arizona
- Order of the Coif
- Achieved highest score in Arizona on August 1986 Bar Exam
- Graduated first in his law school class and was selected by the faculty as the outstanding graduate, University of Arizona, 1986
- Writer and Executive Editor, Arizona Law Review, 1984-1986
Areas Of Practice
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer, of the Year, Appellate Practice, 2019, 2021 and 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Real Estate, 2006–2021, 2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2011-2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Real Estate, 2018
- Arizona’s Best Lawyers, Commercial Litigation, 2011
- National Elijah Watt Sells Certificate for score on May 1980 CPA Exam
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Volunteer, Step Up To Justice
- Member, Southern Arizona Leadership Council
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Certified Public Accountant