Gregg practices primarily in real estate, but also advises clients on limited liability company, partnership, joint venture and tax issues. He frequently represents clients in the formation, capitalization and financing of entities engaged in real estate development activities. Gregg enjoys finding solutions for his clients’ real-world issues and the partnership that develops with his clients.
He has worked with partnerships to purchase resort hotels, developers and landowners preparing to build master planned communities, and owners of large apartment complexes.
Gregg’s first job was working on his grandfather’s farm at age 10. The values he learned — commitment, hard work and dedication — are more valuable than anything he learned in a classroom. He first became interested in tax law when he was working in the insurance industry.
Away from work, Gregg enjoys travel, photography and photo editing.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School
- B.A., Brigham Young University
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
- Represented a client in the formation of a partnership to buy a large resort hotel. Subsequently represented this client in the buy-out of its partner and, later, in the disposition of the hotel for a combination of cash and convertible partnership interests in a transaction involving in excess of $400 million of value.
- Represented a partnership between a large insurance company and a developer in the transfer of a regional shopping center to a real estate investment trust in exchange for a combination of convertible partnership units and cash. The value of this transaction exceeded $100 million.
- Represents numerous developers and landowners in the formation of joint ventures for development of master-planned and golf course communities. Ventures formed over the past three years are projected to sell custom lots to homebuyers and other parcels to production homebuilders with aggregate sales in excess of $1 billion during the ventures’ existence.
- Represented the owner of a large apartment project in the sale of the project to a real estate investment trust in exchange for convertible partnership units.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Tax Law, 2011, 2021
- Chambers USA, Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate, 2006-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law, Real Estate Law, 2003-2022
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Real Estate, 2007-2020
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Speaker, “U.S. Tax Reforms: Updates and Practical Implications: Part 1,” State Bar of Arizona 2018 Annual Convention, June 29, 2018
- Speaker, “Arizona’s New LLC Act: Promoting Certainty and Protecting Freedom of Contract – Part II,” State Bar of Arizona 2018 Annual Convention, June 27, 2018
- Co-author, “Qualified Opportunity Zones: A New Program Allowing Taxpayers to Defer or Eliminate Capital Gains When Investing in Economically Disadvantaged Areas,” Fennemore Client Update, April 17, 2018
- Co-Author, “When Do Targeted Allocations Need Economic Effect?” Real Estate Taxation, 3rd Quarter 2016
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association