Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
JAMES M. LAWRENCE
James Lawrence is an associate in the firm’s Phoenix office. He has a broad corporate practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. James has helped dozens of clients structure, negotiate, and close acquisitions and divestitures across a wide range of industries, such as manufacturing, technology, health care, agriculture, private equity, and food and entertainment. He also has experience in joint ventures, entity formation, financing, corporate restructuring, and commercial contracts.
Outside of work, James enjoys fly fishing, gardening, hunting, and traveling. Before becoming an attorney, James worked as a hotshot firefighter for the department of the interior.
- J.D., summa cum laude Arizona State University, Sandra Day O?onnor College of Law
- B.A., Economics University of Nevada, Reno
- Order of the Coif
- John J. Ross Award for excellence in business law
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our business attorneys recognize and appreciate the value of entrepreneurship and innovation, and are committed to providing efficient, straightforward and business-oriented solutions that facilitate success and avoid pitfalls while recognizing early capital is precious and expensive.
- CARES Act Compliance
- Represented the third largest manufacturer of antifreeze in the United States in a $100 million equity transaction.
- Represented pool supply manufacturing company in a sale of assets to a strategic buyer.
- Represented global produce fruit distributor in a sale of assets to a strategic buyer.
- Represented numerous other clients in M&A transactions, on both buy-side and sell-side.
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author, “SBA Provides Much-Needed Safe-Harbor for PPP Loans Under $2 Million,” Fennemore Client Alert, May 15, 2020
- Speaker, “What You Need to Know About The CARES Act,” The Catholic Community Foundation Professional Advisory Board, May 7, 2020
- Co-author, “The Small Business Association Tightens Loophole that Allowed Public Companies to Receive CARES Act Funding,” Fennemore Client Alert, April 24, 2020
- Co-author, “The Pull of Delaware: How Judges Have Undermined Nevada’s Efforts to Develop its Own Corporate Law,” Nevada Law Journal, 20 Nev. L.J. 401, April 2020
- Co-author, “The Federal Reserve’s Main Street Lending Program,” Fennemore Client Alert, April 21, 2020
- Speaker, “The CARES Act – What You Need to Know Now,” Arizona Nonprofits, April 2, 2020
- Co-author, “IRS and the Arizona Department of Revenue Extend Tax Filing Deadlines to July 15,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 26, 2020