JASON K. THOMAS
No one can be a great thinker who does not recognize, that as a thinker his first duty is to follow his intellect wherever it may lead. Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions if those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
JASON KELLY THOMAS
Jason Thomas is an associate in our Business Litigation practice group who works out of our Phoenix office. His practice focuses on general commercial litigation, construction and real estate law, and probate litigation. He also works on a broad range of intellectual property matters, including copyright protection, patents and trademarks.
Before college, Jason was a member of the United States Air Force – 556th IOS Space Command where he served as an Electronics Intelligence Analyst. He is a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. This experience has given Jason a mission-critical approach to the practice of law and the way he accomplishes tasks – thinking deeply, and looking at the big picture, while utilizing the same passion, commitment and work ethic that he displayed representing our country to achieve the best possible result for each of his clients.
A third-generation Arizonan, Jason has deep ties to the community with lots of family members who have contributed to the Grand Canyon State’s rich history. He unplugs with an eclectic mix of hobbies, which includes dogs, supercomputers and electronics and gardening.
- J.D., Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Integrative Studies, Arizona State University
- B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science and Government, Arizona State University
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch – Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Real Estate, 2023
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Who Knew the EPA Hazardous Waste Corrosivity Characteristic Notice Had a Salacious Back Story?”, April 19, 2016