We rise by lifting others.
Josh Reid is a director in our Las Vegas office where his practice focuses on environmental, energy, water, eminent domain, land development and regulatory matters involving federal, state and local government agencies. Josh’s clients include renewable energy companies, electric utilities, natural gas utilities, mining companies, water utilities, waste management companies, Native American governments, pharmaceutical companies, gaming and resort companies, commercial and residential land development companies and environmental response trusts. Known for tackling complex, large scale problems and figuring out ways to solve them, Josh loves advising his clients and providing creative game plans with solutions that other lawyers may have never considered.
Josh previously served as the City Attorney for the City of Henderson, Nevada, and as the General Counsel for the Henderson Redevelopment Agency. Over the course of his distinguished career in both the private and public sectors, clients continue to rely on Josh as a trusted advisor on complex regulatory matters involving enforcement, approvals, development agreements, legislation and the appeal of government decisions. Josh also has significant experience advising clients on transactions involving public infrastructure and the purchase and sale of significant energy and water assets.
Outside of the office, you’ll probably find Josh hiking the trails around Henderson, Nevada. In fact, due to the increased interest in hiking during the pandemic, Josh developed a website combining his knowledge of local hiking trails with his passion for nature photography: https://outsidehenderson.com/.
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- M.E.S., Environmental Science, Yale University
- B.S., Conservation Biology, Brigham Young University
Areas Of Practice
Our hospitality attorneys advise and represent businesses and trade associations involved in the varied aspects of the $3.4 trillion hospitality industry.
Our regulatory attorneys have helped develop and define laws shaping our region for more than a century. We serve clients at all levels of state, county and municipal government as well as numerous federal agencies.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Fennemore’s seasoned eminent domain team provides advice and litigation support to both public entities and private land owners through all stages of project planning and acquisition.
Awards and Honors
- Top Lawyers, Vegas Inc., 2021
- 100 Hours Club, Legal Aid of Southern Nevada Pro Bono Project, 2020
- 50 Hours Club, Legal Aid of Southern Nevada Pro Bono Project, 2019
- Top Government Attorney, Nevada Business Magazine, 2012-2016
- Top 40 Under 40, Nevada Business Magazine, 2010
Articles and Presentations
- Interview, “One of the keys to success in both life and business to recognize, accept and adapt to change,” Fennemore Blog, September 9, 2021
- Quoted, “Company demands return of drug planned for Zane Floyd execution,” Las Vegas Review Journal, June 2021
- Quoted, “Judge Puts Hold on Nevada’s First Execution in 15 Years,” Newsweek, June 2021
- Quoted, “Environmental trust wants reimbursement for water treatment plant,” Law Vegas Review Journal, June 2021
- Quoted, “From the ashes of the Moulin Rouge site spring hope for revitalization,” Las Vegas Sun, December 2020
- Quoted, “Years in making, historic Moulin Rouge site officially sold,” Las Vegas Review-Journal, December 2020
- Author, “Major Legislative Changes to Nevada’s Energy Laws,” October 2019
Professional and community activities
- Member of the Board, Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Member, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Member, Air and Waste Management Association
- Member, American Planning Association
- Member, NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Board Member, Friends of the Las Vegas Academy of the Arts Foundation
- Former Member, Las Vegas Academy of the Arts School Organizational Team
- Former Member, Nevada Advisory Council for Prosecuting Attorneys
- Former Member, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board, U.S. Presidential Appointee
- Former Member, Utah Shakespeare Festival Board of Governors
- Former Regent, Utah Board of Regents
- Former Member, Clark County Habitat Conservation Committee
- Former Chair, Snow College Presidential Search Committee
- Former Member, Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority Board
- Former Member, Utah State Board of Education
- Former Member, Utah Appellate Court Nominating Commission
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada