Lauren Ferrigni is an associate in our natural resources, energy and environmental practice group where her work focuses primarily on environmental and energy regulatory compliance matters. An experienced attorney in representing the interests of large commercial and utility clients before the Arizona Corporation Commission, Lauren provides guidance on a wide array of complex legal and policymaking matters, including state and federal environmental permitting and compliance issues, rate case preparation, CC&N applications, annual report filings, complaint proceedings, orders to show cause, rulemakings, public policy generic dockets, business incorporation, transmission and line siting projects, and due diligence for renewable energy project development.
A self-confessed “science nerd,” Lauren studied geoscience as an undergraduate, which kindled her desire to pursue a career in environmental and energy law, thereby combining her technical interests with the legal field. Prior to joining Fennemore Craig, Lauren served as a policy advisor at the Arizona Corporation Commission.
Lauren enjoys interacting with her clients and bringing her creativity and critical thinking to their business problems. A great deal of her work encompasses assisting clients in identifying practical solutions to recognized challenges within Arizona’s environmental and energy industries. Leveraging her in-depth experience as an environmental attorney, she appreciates the opportunity to engage in comprehensive problem-solving dialogue with stakeholders on formulating robust policies and legal concepts to secure a more diversified, reliable and sustainable energy portfolio for the state.
Outside of work Lauren enjoys spending quality time with her dog, Amber, as well as exploring Arizona’s beautiful trails with her two Off-Track Thoroughbreds, Pancho and Bob.
- J.D. Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.S., cum laude, Geosciences, University of Arizona
Areas Of Practice
Our regulatory attorneys have helped develop and define laws shaping our region for more than a century. We serve clients at all levels of state, county and municipal government as well as numerous federal agencies.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
- Renewable Energy and Clean Tech
- Water Law
Awards and Honors
- Top Lawyer in Energy & Mining, Phoenix Magazine, 2022
- Southwest Rising Stars®, Energy & Resources, 2021
- Recipient, Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award, Arizona State University’s Mentorship Initiative in Sustainability Law, 2020-2021
- Recipient, Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award, Arizona State University Program on Law & Sustainability Mentorship Initiative, 2018-2019
Articles and Presentations
- Author, “A Look Inside the Climate Change Initiatives in Biden’s Newly Released ‘American Jobs Plan'”, American Bar Association’s Real Estate, Condemnation and Trust Litigation Committee, April 22, 2021
- Co-author, “Environmental Protection Agency Issues New Rule for Handling of Hazardous Waste Pharmaceuticals,” Fennemore Client Alert, August 21, 2019
- Co-author, “The Energy-Water Nexus – How Policymaking is Shaping Generation and Usage Profiles in the Regional Southwest,” Arizona Journal of Environmental Law & Policy, Summer 2018
- Co-author, “Farm Air Quality Reporting Requirements Becoming Less Murky Under Recent Regulatory Developments,” Maricopa Lawyer Newsletter, May 2018
- Co-author, “Reach of EPA Farm Reporting Rule Expanded With Recent Circuit Court Ruling,” Fennemore Client Alert, April 18, 2017
- Author, “Environmental and Eminent Domain Impediments to a “Great, Great” Border Wall,” American Bar Association, March 20, 2017
Professional and community activities
- Budget Officer, Past Program Chair, Executive Council, State Bar of Arizona Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- Past Chair and Executive Board Member, Maricopa County Bar Association Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Environmental Subcommittee Chair, American Bar Association, Real Estate, Condemnation and Trust Litigation Committee
- Board of Directors, Phoenix Public Library Foundation