MARC A. MARRA
Marc has substantial experience in permitting, compliance, minerals exploration, and development of lands relating to the National Environmental Policy Act, the Clean Water Act, the Endangered Species Act and Section 404 issues. His extensive work for clients seeking assistance with natural resources, environmental and renewable energy permitting and other issues relating to the commercial development of lands in the west is complemented by both private and public sector experience.
Marc, initially trained as both an economist and engineer, served as an economics/engineering analyst for a Fortune 50 firm for many years prior to earning his law degree. His experience in a corporate environment has covered project evaluation and due diligence for mining and other resource-based ventures, commercial developments, and mergers and acquisitions.
In addition, his experience working in the public sector overseeing federal trust mineral properties provides a helpful context working with clients whose issues intersect state and federal agencies such as the Bureau of Land Management, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Fish and Wildlife Service and The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, and many others.
- J.D., Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- M.S., Mineral Economics, University of Arizona
- B.S., Mining Engineering, University of Arizona
- Willard H. Pedrick Scholar, 2002-2003
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Joe Rudd Scholarship recipient, 2002-2003
- Sea-Use Law, Economics, and Policy Making (exams passed, thesis incomplete), London School of Economics, 1987-1988
Areas Of Practice
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
- Renewable Energy and Clean Tech
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources Board of Governors
- Member, Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration
- Member, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation