MARIAN C. LALONDE
A season, reason or a lifetime.
MARIAN C. LALONDE
Marian LaLonde is a director in our Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law practice group who works out of our Tucson and Phoenix office. Her practice focuses on the mining industry, solar energy development and equine law, and Marian also has extensive experience in tribal law matters, as well as counseling tax-exempt organizations.
Marian is passionate about developing in-depth knowledge of her clients’ businesses and her counsel to clients includes, complex real estate transactions and business transactions, including permitting, land use, title review and curatives, rights-of way, municipal and tribal negotiations, development on private, federal, and school lands, environmental permitting, interconnection, joint ownership and development agreements, financing and purchase/sale agreements. In addition, Marian has extensive experience in commercial contracting across a variety of industries, including large-scale commercial, supply, and manufacturing for equipment, services, and technology.
On her own at the age of 15, Marian truly believes that, the “university of hard knocks” prepped her to be a successful attorney as much as law school. Marian enjoys understanding her clients problems – and finding innovative solutions. Passionate about relationship building, Marian gives her time in activities to promote the development and mentorship for women lawyers, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and philanthropic activities.
Outside of work, Marian enjoys life on a ten-acre mini ranch with her 10 fur babies – six dogs and four horses. She also travels regionally and nationally, competing in Three-Day Eventing across the three disciplines of dressage, cross-country and show jumping.
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.S., University of Arizona
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Driven by a deep connection to the sustainability of our environment, our practice group serves those clients who seek to combine social and environmental responsibility with business success.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental Law, 2021
- American Mining Hall of Fame, Medal of Merit Under 40, 2018
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid Volunteer, Lawyers Program, Attorney of the Year, 2018
- Southwest Super Lawyers® Rising Stars®, Energy and Resources, 2014-2017
- Hal Israel Award, Outstanding Community Service, Arizona State Bar Association, 2011
- Pima County Career and Technical Education Alumni Hall of Fame, 2009
- Tucson Business Edge, 40 Under 40, Woman of the Year, 2008
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Co-Presenter, “Domestic Development, Energy Independence, and Advances in Indian Country”, Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law Webinar, September 21, 2022
- Presenter, “Legal Research and Writing for Law and Motion,” California Alliance of Paralegal Associations Annual Conference, 2020
- Co-Author, “President Biden Begins to Tackle Climate Change and Environmental Justice through Executive Action”, Environmental Law Alert, March 2, 2021
- Co-Presenter, “What Every GC, Board, and Corporation Needs to Know About Diversity, Equity and Inclusion-Part Two: A Call to Action, Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Webinar, January 21, 2021
- Co-Author, “What to Expect from the Biden Administration: Key Environmental and Natural Resources Issues to Watch”, Environmental Law Alert, November 17, 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Tribal Natural Resource Development and Environmental Management”, State Bar of Arizona, Tribal In-House Counsel Association and Indian Law Section Webinar, October 28, 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Tribal Clean Energy Development and Utility Support: Path to Economic Recovery from COVID-19”, Quarles & Brady Seminar, July 9, 2020
- Presenter, “Negotiations-Embrace Your Value”, University of Arizona, Health Sciences, Women’s Heritage Month Series, March 3, 2020
- Presenter, “Negotiations-Embrace Your Value”, Women in Energy Symposium, November 7, 2019
- Presenter, “The Legal Role”, Allice of Arizona Nonprofits: Business on Board Workshops, February 2019, November 2018, October 2018, February 2018, May 2017
- Presenter, “Negotiations-Embrace Your Value”, YWCA Annual Women’s Leadership Conference, October 2019, October 2018, October 2017
- ·Co-Author, “President Trump Declares Energy Independence and Changes the Way the Federal Government Addresses Climate,” Environmental Law Alert, March 31, 2017
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Quarles & Brady Women’s Forum, National Co-Chair, 2019-2021
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association, Southern Arizona Chapter, Steering Committee, 2017-2021
- Southern Arizona Eventing Association, Board of Directors, 2015-present
- Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, Board of Trustees, 2009-present
- Quarles & Brady Asian Business Resource Group, Co-Chair, 2017-2021
- Youth on Their Own, Board of Directors, 2002-present
- Ex-Officio Legal Counsel, 2021-present
- Board President, 2006-2008
- First Alumni Student on Board of Directors
- Department of Agricultural Education, University of Arizona, Advisory Committee, 2010-present
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow, 2020
- Pima County Air Quality Hearing Board, 2014-2017, Board Chair, 2022-2025
- United States Eventing Association
- Arabian Horse Association, Member
- Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law, Member
- Mining and Minerals Education Foundation, Member
- Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, Tucson Chapter, Member
- United States Equestrian Federation, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Pima County Bar Association, Member
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Arizona Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims