Common sense often makes good law.
- William O. Douglas
Mark A. Ostoich
Mark Ostoich is a director in our San Bernardino office where he represents a broad spectrum of regional, national, and multinational clients in matters involving real estate, land use, and economic development projects. His assignments typically involve challenging issues that demand a collaborative approach in order to achieve resolution. Over the years, Mark has represented a variety of project types, including regional malls, retail power centers, master-planned residential projects, and regional transportation centers involving rail and truck transport.
He is known for his commitment to helping his clients achieve their goals by providing pragmatic strategies, including those of an economic nature. The strong relationships he has developed over the years with public and private decision-makers provide an invaluable asset to his clients in balancing public and private interests in the achievement of goals.
Under his stewardship, the firm has attracted and retained a strong and loyal client base. His commitment to delivering a superior work product, exceeding client expectations through exceptional service, integrity, and results are the personal values that form Mark’s client relationships.
- J.D., University of Southern California Law Center
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
For More Than 137 Years – Helping Our Clients Realize Their Vision For Responsible Development In The American West
- Mr. Ostoich has been legal counsel to a national retailer in the acquisition, entitlement and development of over 200 stores throughout California. Many of these projects have involved complex entitlement and California Environmental Quality Act strategies.
- Mr. Ostoich has been legal counsel to owners and developers of a number of logistics centers throughout Southern California exceeding 1 million square foot in size. These projects have involved complex environmental issues, including issues related to truck traffic and toxic air impacts of diesel exhaust.
- Mr. Ostoich has been legal counsel to a major interstate railway company in the acquisition, entitlement and development of several major transportation facilities throughout California. These projects have involved complex local, state and federal entitlement and environmental issues, including issues related to passenger car and truck traffic, toxic air impacts of diesel exhaust, endangered species, waters of the United States, wetlands, historical buildings, prehistoric Native American sites and agricultural preserves.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Member, San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Member, Riverside County Bar Association