Richard A. Sipos
Richard has over three decades of experience in complex litigation and both real estate and business transactions. Richard has successfully tried numerous jury and bench construction cases involving hotels, schools and prisons; and other business litigation matters including legal malpractice, securities fraud and partnership disputes. He has expertise in high-stakes transactional real estate and business matters including leasing, sales, disability access and hazardous materials contamination. Richard has facilitated clients’ business purchases and sales of wineries, a construction site services company, a waste transfer station, a fire suppression company and a trucking brokerage.
Richard’s ability to advise businesses and to understand all facets of commercial real estate was enhanced by his 20 years of service as a Director and Chairman of the Board for Beard Land & Improvement (an industrial developer) and Modesto and Empire Traction (a short line railroad). After retiring from those Boards, Richard’s most recent Director role is for Axonis Therapeutics which is developing some of the most promising treatments for spinal cord injuries and other neurological diseases.
- J.D., Santa Clara University
- Comparative Law, Magdalen College, Oxford
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our construction attorneys have substantial experience with the diverse and often complex aspects of the construction business.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2012-2022
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Member, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Northern California
- Director, Axonis Therapeutics
- Former Chairman of the Board and Former Director, Modesto & Empire Transaction Company
- Former Chairman of the Board and Former Director, Beard Land & Investment Company
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts in California and Nevada