Timothy S. Williams
Timothy S. Williams
With more than 30 years of experience, Tim has represented clients in numerous and varied transactions, including sales, leases, secured loans, exchanges, property tax matters and construction industry contract matters. Clients include owners, developers, borrowers, landlords, tenants and others.
He has been a contributing author for several California Continuing Education of the Bar publications on topics including secured financing, office leasing and retail leasing. Additionally, Tim is an active member of the California and Alameda County bar associations’ real property sections.
- J.D., University of California Berkeley, School of Law
- B.A., Stanford University
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Taxes are a significant expense for any business and most individuals, and tax planning should not be an afterthought.
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Author, “Proposition 8 Spells Property Tax Relief,” Oakland Business Review, May 2008
- Author, “Prop. 8 May Help Down and Out Property Owners,” The Registry, March 2008
- Speaker, “Property Tax Law” Berkeley Board of Realtors, February 27, 2008
- Author, Retail Leasing, contributing author, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 2007, 2012
- Co-Author, “Reassessment On Change Of Ownership,” The Wendel Report, Fall 2006
- Contributing Author, California Mortgage and Deed of Trust Practice, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 2003
- Contributing Author, Office Leasing, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 1996, 2012
- Author, “California’s New Legislation Regarding Use Restrictions in Commercial Leases: Can Commercial Landlords Just Say No?” California Real Property Journal, Vol. 10, No. 3, Summer 1992
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Real Property Law Section, State Bar of California
- Member, Board of Directors, Real Estate Section, Alameda County Bar Association
- Chair, Fee Arbitration Executive Committee, Alameda County Bar Association