PRACTICE GROUP ASSISTANT
Fennemore Dowling Aaron has an excellent opportunity in our Fresno, CA office for a full-time PRACTICE GROUP ASSISTANT to join our Resource Center. This team member will provide general support to various practice groups including estate planning, litigation, bankruptcy, and business and finance.
- Drafts various legal documents;
- Conducts legal research utilizing reference materials;
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data necessary for paralegals and attorneys;
- Works on multiple projects while remaining organized and meeting deadlines;
- May communicate directly with clients;
- May assist attorneys in preparation for and attendance at hearings, depositions and trial;
- Drafts documents, creates notebooks and updates Firm forms for assigned practice group;
- Some general legal administrative assistant duties: filing, calendaring, drafting correspondence, phones;
- Overtime may be required during periods of high workload, flexibility in daily work schedule is required;
- Adheres to departmental/Firm goals and policies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year legal experience in related capacity preferred;
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy required;
- Strong organizational skills, able to multi-task (handle several jobs at one time);
- Flexibility required for daily changes to business needs;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Word, Excel, PowerPoint and in creating, editing and manipulating PDF documents;
- Must be reliable and flexible; and
- Strong team player with customer service orientation.
PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING TODAY
Fennemore is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all social, economic and ethnic groups, and individuals with disabilities, to apply to our positions. Fennemore is dedicated to maintaining an atmosphere that promotes the diversity of personal backgrounds, experiences, abilities, perspectives and ideas. If your experience and qualifications are close to what you see listed here – even if not a perfect match — please still consider applying. If you require assistance or need reasonable accommodations during any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Salary: $42,000.00 – $47,000.00 per year
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities as needed.