Where all think alike there is little danger of innovation.
- Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire
A dedicated advocate, Lisa is recognized for her efficient, effective, and innovative work to solve clients’ complex challenges. She focuses her practice on creditors’ rights, business insolvency and restructuring issues, including Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy, out-of-court workouts, debtor-creditor law, assignments for the benefit of creditors, bankruptcy appeals, and distressed business and financing transactions.
Lisa has extensive experience representing all constituents in the insolvency context, including Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy trustees, debtors, creditors, landlords, lenders, title companies, equipment lessors, asset purchasers, and debtors and creditors as parties to non-dischargeability litigation.
Lisa is an active member of the Bay Area insolvency community. She is currently the vice president of the Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum and formerly served as Chair of the Bar Association of San Francisco’s Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, Co-Chair of the Bench Bar Liaison Committee of the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, and as treasurer for the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation. During law school Lisa externed for the Honorable Robert E. Jones of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and clerked for the Oregon Department of Justice in the antitrust unit.
- J.D., cum laude, Lewis & Clark Law School
- B.A., Lewis & Clark College
AREAS OF PRACTICE
One of the largest and most active bankruptcy and creditors’ rights legal practices in the Southwest and California, representing clients locally, regionally, and nationally.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
- Insolvency and Restructuring
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2022
- Rising Star, Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2019
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Former Secretary and Treasurer of the Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Former Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Member of the Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section Executive Committee, The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Former Treasurer, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Former Co-Chair, Bench‐Bar Liaison Committee, Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California
- Former Chair, Local Rules Subcommittee, Bench‐Bar Liaison Committee, Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California
- Education Co-Chair, 30th Annual Insolvency Conference, California Bankruptcy Forum (CBF)
- YIP Co-Chair, 29th Annual Insolvency Conference, California Bankruptcy Forum (CBF)
- Producer, 28th Annual Insolvency Conference, California Bankruptcy Forum (CBF)
- Producer, 26th Annual Insolvency Conference, California Bankruptcy Forum (CBF)
- Former Editor, California Bankruptcy Journal
- Former Member, NextGen Committee, National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Program
- Former Participant, National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Program
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts, Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit