Joseph J. Doerr
Joseph J. Doerr is a director in our firm’s Fresno office where he is certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in taxation law. In his practice, Joe is known for providing insightful counsel to both individuals and businesses in tax planning and tax controversy resolution. His experience includes handling cases, appeals and audits with domestic tax bodies like the IRS, FTB, EDD, and CDTFA, as well as offering advice on international tax matters.
Beyond taxation, he also guides new businesses through stages of inception, including entity structure and formation. He also counsels established businesses with restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and capital needs. His understanding of trust administration and estate planning offers families comprehensive estate plans tailored to their needs, including generation skipping trusts and other complex irrevocable trusts.
- Masters of Law, Taxation, New York University
- J.D., University of California, Davis, School of Law
- B.A., with Honors, University of California, Santa Barbara
Areas Of Practice
Taxes are a significant expense for any business and most individuals, and tax planning should not be an afterthought.
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Fennemore boasts a large and sophisticated client-focused Mergers and Acquisitions practice.
Awards and Honors
- California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in taxation law
- Northern California Super Lawyer, 2019-2024
- Northern California Rising Star in the field of Taxation, 2010, 2012-2018
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, State Bar of Montana
- Member, Tax Section, California Lawyers Association
- Member and current Treasurer, Fresno County Bar Association (FCBA) Treasurer, Fresno County Bar Association (FCBA)