Keep your mind on your objective, and persist until you succeed. Study, think, plan and advocate.
-W. Clement Stone
ALEXIS J. GLASCOCK
Alexis has worked in both private practice and in senior staff positions in state government. She has served both as counsel to the President of the Arizona Senate and Assistant to the General Counsel of the Legislative Council. She effectively drafted and ensured the passage of complex legislation and was instrumental in halting or modifying legislation contrary to the interest of the majority caucus.
While at the Legislative Council, Alexis co-authored a motion to protect the legislative privilege of legislative documents related to the national tobacco litigation, second chaired the hearing on the motion, and reviewed over 3,000 legal opinions to create a searchable data system and summary of these opinions. Additionally, Alexis garnered experience at the federal level during her tenure with the majority leadership of the Joint Economic Committee of the United States Congress. In that role, she selected witnesses to testify before the Committee on numerous economic issues and published a three volume series on the economic impact of women in the labor market. She also assisted with the annual Economic Report of the Joint Economic Committee.
Alexis has lobbied for clients including the American Heart Association, the Arthritis Foundation, the Arizona Association of Health Care Plans, the Arizona Cardinals, the Arizona Uniform Laws Commission, and the Greater Phoenix Economic Council. She also has successfully assisted with the passage of bills in industries ranging from trucking to trampolines.
Away from work, Alexis spends time with her family, whether it’s watching her children play sports, participating in family sporting activities or simply enjoying weekends together watching movies. She also enjoys playing tennis, skiing, biking and hiking, and has completed six half-marathons.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- M.A., Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- B.A., Wellesley College
Areas Of Practice
Our regulatory attorneys have helped develop and define laws shaping our region for more than a century. We serve clients at all levels of state, county and municipal government as well as numerous federal agencies.
Our health care attorneys serve a range of clients within the ever-expanding realm of healthcare law. We offer a comprehensive suite of services that touches on every aspect of the healthcare industry.
- Represents the American Heart Association at the Arizona Legislature
- Represents the Arthritis Foundation regarding health care and other issues at the Arizona Legislature
- Represents the Uniform Laws Commission at the Arizona Legislature
- Represents Polaris Industries, Inc.
- Represents the Community Associations Institute
- Represents the West Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Administrative/Regulatory Law, Government Relations Practice, 2020-2022
- Honoree, 2020 Women Achievers of Arizona, Arizona Capitol Times
- Heart of a Hero Award, American Heart Association, 2018
Articles and Presentations
- Interview, “4 New Arizona Laws That May Impact You,” 12 News NMC, July 7, 2021
- Author, “My View: Measure to stop Arizona forced condo conversion to be included in final budget,” Phoenix Business Journal, June 29, 2021
- Author, “New sports betting law means increased revenue for state, tribes,” Arizona Capitol Times, April 23, 2021
- Author, “Their Take: Proposed Modification of State’s Unemployment Insurance,” InBusiness, April 12, 2021
- Quoted, “Legal Implications of Utah’s Proposed Prenatal Expenses Law,” Fox 10 Arizona, April 8, 2021
- Quoted, “Here’s how bill protects businesses from COVID-19-related lawsuits,” AZ Big Media, March 31, 2021
- Author, “COVID-19 Business Restrictions Update: Don’t Let it Surprise You,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 10, 2021
- Interview, “SCGGlobalSpin USA 2020 Presidential Election Executive Branch Discussion Part 1,” SCGGlobalSpin, October 6, 2020
- Presenter, “Legislative Session and Legislation to Limit Liability for Businesses Should an Employee or Customer Bring a Claim That They Contracted COVID-19 on the Business Premises,” Community Associations Institute, June 2, 2020
- Presenter, “Update: 2020 Legislative Session,” Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce, May 26, 2020
- Quoted, “Business Briefcase,” Peoria Times, May 21, 2020
- Co-author, “Get up to 100% Forgivable Loan from the SBA,” InBusiness, April 1, 2020
- Author, “Chamber Alliance Promotes West Valley Business Interest to State Legislators,” Glendale Living, November 21, 2019
- Speaker, “Best Practices for Lobbyists to Develop Legislation Work with Legislative Council,” State Bar of Arizona: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Capitol, June 21, 2018
- Interview, “Arizona Lawmakers Pass New Laws on Photo RADAR, Physician Credentialing, Sober Living Facilities and More,” Arizona PBS, May 16, 2018
- Author, “New Law Protect Those With Disabilities, Businesses,” Arizona Attorney, December 2017
- Speaker, “Arizona Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing,” West Valley Realtor’s Association, WeMarr, November 2017
- Co-author, “Be Aware of Changes to Phoenix’s Rules for Lobbyists,” The Arizona Republic, October 25, 2017
- Author, “Review of City of Phoenix Lobbying Ordinance Requirements,” Fennemore Client Alert, October 25, 2017
- Speaker, “What Your Business Needs to Know About Changing ADA Compliance Law,” Fennemore Seminar, June 14, 2017
- Speaker, 2017 Arizona Bankers Association Annual Convention and Meeting, June 9, 2017
- Speaker, “Federal and State Legislation to Address Litigation Regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act,” Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, June 2017
- Speaker, “Overview of Legislation at the Federal and State Level to Protect Businesses from Litigation Arising Under the American with Disabilities Act,” 2017 Arizona Bankers Association Annual Convention and Meeting, June 2017
- Speaker, “WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN: The Future of ADA Litigation and Legislation” Fennemore Labor and Employment Seminar, May 4, 2017
- Speaker, “ADA Compliance,” AZ Bankers Association April Seminar, April 18, 2017
- Author, “Digital Assets Now Pass Easily to Heirs Under New AZ Law,” Arizona Attorney, August 2016
- Interview, “Recent Arizona Legislature,” PBS Horizon, June 6, 2016
- Author, “Digital Assets Now Pass Easily to Heirs Under New AZ Law,” Commercial Executive Magazine, May 27, 2016
- Co-author, “New Arizona Law and Patent Demand Letters,” Fennemore Client Alert, April 7, 2016
- Speaker, “Lobbying and Election Year Representation of Nonprofits,” Arizona State Bar, January 2016
Professional and community activities
- Member, Foundation Board of Trustees, Barrow Neurological Institute
- Member, Board of Directors, Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member, Board of Directors, Harvard Club of Phoenix
- Member, Desert Foundation Auxiliary
- Member, American Heart Association Heart Ball
- Member, Nominating Committee, Phoenix Country Day School Parent’s Association
- Gala Chairman, Phoenix Symphony, 2008
- Benefit Chairman, Crisis Nursery, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit