DANIEL G. ARANA
Daniel Arana serves in our business and finance law group, where he focuses primarily on agribusiness, international trade and tax law, international transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Most of his clients are companies in Mexico that open operations in the United States. Leveraging his vast experience as a business lawyer, he acts as a general counsel for these corporations, assisting them with business dealings, keeping them in compliance and partnering to ensure every legal aspect of their needs are met. The majority of these organizations are produce distributors and transportation companies looking for legal support for their U.S. distribution, as well as domestic companies looking to service Mexico and the United States.
A native of Nogales, Arizona, and the son of attorneys, Daniel studied business and accounting as an undergrad, but the lure to help people through studying the law prompted him to embark on his career as a business attorney. Along with his Juris Doctor degree, he also earned a certificate in international trade and business law. Fluent in Spanish, Daniel takes great pride in becoming an integral member of his clients’ teams, knowing their businesses, families and culture, and guiding them to success through what naturally becomes long-term relationships.
Outside of his work as an international business attorney, spending time with his wife and three kids recharges Daniel’s batteries, and he is also involved in his church and several local nonprofit organizations. Golfing, biking, exercising and running are the ways Daniel stays fit and on top of his game.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.S., summa cum laude, Business Administration and Accounting, University of Arizona, Eller College of Management
- Certificate in International Trade and Business Law, University of Arizona
- Judicial Law Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Arizona
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Our tax attorneys are committed to helping clients proactively structure their businesses, transactions, and estate plans in the most tax-efficient manner.
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
- Corporate Law
Articles and Presentations
- Podcast, “5 Things to Know About Cross-Border Trade with Mexico,” Fenn.Talks Podcast, August 26, 2021
- Quoted, “The Law and Your Business,” InBusiness, June 2019
- Author, “United States Withdraws From Tomato Suspension Agreement,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 28, 2019
- Panelist, “Cross-Border Lending to Mexico: Securing the Repayment of Loans Through Registration,” National Law Center for Inter-American Free Trade and the Consulate of Mexico, May 2016
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Spanish, Fluent