The words we speak become the house we live in.
Danny Restrepo is an associate in our Phoenix office who works in the firm’s Business and Finance practice group. His work focuses on a wide array of business services for our clients, including counseling, agreements and transactions where he conducts legal research, analyzes trends in case law, and writes memoranda on projects involving attorney-client privilege, title policy exclusions, digital trademark liability, and indemnification provisions.
Although born in Costa Rica, Danny grew up in Tempe, AZ attending Arizona State University’s honors college, and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, during which he worked here at Fennemore as a summer associate. With his background in biological sciences, Danny has the ability to embrace the complexity of systems – seeing the forest for the trees – and takes great satisfaction in solving complex problems differently and creatively. He is also passionate about language, and the responsibility that attorneys have as interpreters of the law, believing everyone deserves equal access to understand and navigate the rules that govern us.
Outside of work, you’ll probably find Danny in the natural world where he enjoys hiking, and has previously traversed the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail from California to Oregon. He also likes gardening and plants, recently creating a poison dart frog vivarium, as well as continually honing his Spanish language skills.
- J.D., Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.S., summa cum laude, Barrett, The Honors College at Arizona State University
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Create. Protect. Thrive.
Your Technology and Intellectual Property Assets Are The Lifeblood Of Your Business: We Partner With You To Protect Your Critical IP —and To Identify and Implement IP Strategies To Help You Thrive.
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Author, “Rise of the machines: Copyright in a world of AI,” Arizona Attorney Magazine, October 2023
- Featuring, “Generative AI and Copyright Issues: What You Need to Know,” Information Today, July 6, 2023
- Interview, “A Father’s Day Edition of Thursday Thoughts,” Fennemore Blog, June 8, 2023
- Author, “Rise of the machines: Copyright in a world of AI,” Phoenix Business Journal, April 17, 2023
- Author, “U.S. Supreme Court Grants Cert. on Arkansas’ ERISA and Medicare Preemption,” Issue, 48 RX IPSA LOQUITUR 2, January/February 2020
- Author, “Ironically, this Baby Needs Teeth: A Proposal for Nursing Protections in Arizona’s Workplaces”, ARIZ. ST. L.J.