Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up.
- Jesse Jackson
David D. Werner
David Werner is a director in our San Bernardino office who has more than 25 years of civil litigation experience and focuses his practice primarily on matters involving business and real estate disputes, business torts, contracts, healthcare coverage, and probate, estate, and trust litigation.
As a probate, estate, and trust litigator, he has a unique understanding of the various and complex facets of probate and trust law, as well as other related areas of the law, such as financial elder abuse. David has briefed and argued cases before the California Court of Appeal for Districts Two, Four, and Five. He also briefed and successfully argued a case that was accepted for review by the California Supreme Court.
In addition to practicing law, David is a member of several local professional organizations and supports multiple community and philanthropic organizations. Previously, he brought his interest and expertise in elder law to Plymouth Tower, a senior residence facility, where he served as board president of its foundation.
- J.D., cum laude, Whittier College School of Law
- B.B.A., Pacific Union College
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
- Wilson v. Parker, Covert & Chidester, 28 Cal.4th 811 (2002)
- Rivas v. Safety-Kleen Corp., 98 Cal.App.4th 218 (2002)
- Ghazarian v. Wheeler, 177 F.R.D. 482 (C.D. Cal. 1997)
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, State Bar of Oregon
- Member, Riverside County Bar Association, Chair, Civil Litigation Section, 2008-2010
- Attorney Master, Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court
- Trustee, Riverside City Library
- Member, Riverside City Library Foundation
- Planning Commissioner, City of Loma Linda
- Committee Member, Loma Linda University Church Building Fund Committee
- Member, Parkview Community Hospital Foundation
- Board Chair, Plymouth Tower Senior Residence Foundation,
- Member, The Unforgettables Foundation, Board Chair from 2011-2012
- Advisory Board Member and Revenue Committee Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire
Awards and Honors
- American Jurisprudence Award Recipient
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California