David F. Monsour
David practices on behalf of his clients in the area of trusts and estates litigation. He represents and counsels his clients through all phases, from pre-litigation matters through trial. David appears regularly on behalf of his clients in state and federal court.
David attended undergrad at the University of Texas at Austin, where he graduated beta gamma sigma with a Bachelor of Business Administration from the Red McCombs School of Business. David attended law school and received his Juris Doctor from the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco (formerly UC Hastings College of the Law). While in law school, David competed on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team and participated in the Mediation Clinic. David also externed for the Honorable Edward J. Davila of the United States District Court, Northern District of California and for the Office of the Circuit Executive for the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco.
As a legal professional, David assists clients in solving difficult, and often times emotional problems. His practice thrives on developing and maintaining trusted relationships with each client, and crafting client-specific legal strategies. David’s client-specific and results-oriented approach helps his clients achieve their ultimate goals, whether through reaching an amicable settlement or diligently litigating and defending against claims at trial. David has been recognized as a Northern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers for the past five years in the area of trusts and estates litigation.
In his free time, David enjoys traveling, live music, and park days. He lives in San Francisco with his wife and their cat, Frankie.
- J.D., University of California College of the Law, San Francisco (formerly UC Hastings College of the Law)
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, Red McCombs School of Business
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Articles and Presentations
- Update Co-Author for California Trust and Probate Litigation (Cal CEB), Chapter 20 (Trust Contests) and Chapter 21 (Breach of Trust)
- Co-Presenter, EBTEL Speaker Event, “What Estate Planners Should Know – a Litigator’s Perspective, Tips, Strategies, and Pitfalls to Avoid for Estate Planners to Prevent or Minimize Litigation,” East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers, August 9, 2023
- Featuring, “Conversation On Lessons Learned & Life In The Law With Attorney David Monsour,” Fennemore Blog, August 17, 2023
- Presenter, “Trusts and Estates Career Panel at Berkeley Law,” California Lawyers Association, Trusts and Estates Executive Committee, March 22, 2023
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch – Litigation, Trusts and Estates, 2024
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2023
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, State Bar of California (SBN #301448)
- Member, East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Member, San Francisco County Bar Association
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, California Lawyers Association
- Volunteer, Operation Dignity