Francesca K. Boyd
Francesca advises clients in all areas of estate planning, estate administrative law, wealth management, and wealth transfer planning. She has experience in drafting complex wills and trust agreements, probating estates, administering trusts, analyzing estate and gift taxation matters, and advising fiduciaries and beneficiaries. Representing corporate clients, Francesca has provided legal services on business formation and succession, charitable transfers and tax compliance.
Additionally, she served as Senior Project Manager of a real estate development company, overseeing design, entitlement, construction, and marketing, as well as managing outside legal counsel, financial advisors and lending institutions. In this role, she managed relationships with investors, partners, city officials and the community. Francesca is also experienced in navigating California’s complex property tax rules governing change of ownership and reassessment of real estate.
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law
- M.A., California Institute of Integral Studies, Psychological Studies
- B.A., University of St. Thomas
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Taxes are a significant expense for any business and most individuals, and tax planning should not be an afterthought.
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Interview, “Take One Day at a Time and Trust Yourself To Make the Right Decision In The Moment,” Fennemore Blog, September 15, 2022
- Author, “Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust: Income Tax Issues,” Wendel Rosen LLP, October 21, 2021
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, California Lawyer’s Association
- Board Member, East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
- Member, California State Bar