HECTOR G. ARANA
Hector practices in the areas of agribusiness, corporate and securities, estate planning and probate, international, real estate, and tax law. He has significant experience in handling tax disputes with the IRS Office of Appeals, district counsel offices, and advance pricing teams.
Fluent in Spanish, Hector represents both foreigners and U.S. residents with U.S. businesses and property interests and deals with the business and tax aspects of those businesses and holdings.
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.S., cum laude, Accounting, Arizona State University
Areas Of Practice
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
Taxes are a significant expense for any business and most individuals, and tax planning should not be an afterthought.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, International Trade and Finance Law, 2005-2023
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Santa Cruz County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Attorney Certified Public Accountants
- Former Board Member, International Law Center, University of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Spanish, Fluent