Howard W. Lind
Howard maintains a thriving real estate practice representing clients, including retail sales and services, financial institutions, religious entities, restaurants, agriculture and manufacturing, in all aspects of real property transactions. His practice includes a substantial amount of commercial leasing, as well as the acquisition and disposition of commercial property. He currently leads the firm’s real estate team that represents a prominent East Bay health club chain in its national expansion. Howard served as managing partner of Wendel Rosen from 2003 to 2007. He started with the firm in 1978 as an associate and was elevated to partner in 1985.
He also represents clients in connection with secured transactions, financing, commercial real estate brokerage agreements, construction and architectural agreements, and related areas. In addition, he handles real estate components of an asset or stock acquisition on behalf of clients. Howard advises property owners, tenants, buyers and sellers on their rights and obligations pertaining to real property and uses his expertise to help clients manage their real estate assets as a strategic part of their overall business plan.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.A., University of California at Davis
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Law, 2016 and 2023
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2004-2013
- Top Attorney in the East Bay for Real Estate Transactions, East Bay Business Times, 2007
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee, East Bay Leadership Foundation
- Former Co-Chair, Commercial and Industrial Subsection, Real Property Law Section, State Bar of California
- Former Member, California Business Properties Association