JOHN R. JEFFERIES
Randy practices in the areas of federal and state procurement and government contract law, as well as building and construction law. He has negotiated and litigated construction claims at the city, county, state and federal levels on behalf of general contractors and specialty subcontractors. At the federal level, Randy has litigated claims involving defective specifications, constructive changes, acceleration, excusable and compensable delays, differing site conditions, terminations for default, and structured settlements for terminations for the convenience of the government. He also has been involved with bid protests before the Comptroller General of the General Accounting Office, having represented both awardees and protestors.
At the local level, Randy has pursued claims against city, county and state entities in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Utah and Nevada, and has been involved in a number of bid protests involving the Arizona Procurement Office and the Arizona Department of Transportation. He also handles private construction litigation and arbitration matters involving disputes between owners, general contractors and subcontractors, as well as performance and payment bond claims.
- J.D., University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law
- B.A., University of Notre Dame
- Order of the Coif
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our construction attorneys have substantial experience with the diverse and often complex aspects of the construction business.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate, 2005-2024
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Construction Litigation, 2009-2016, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Construction Law, 2018
- Arizona’s Top Lawyers, Construction Litigation, AZ Business Magazine, 2014
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Member, Public Contracts Section, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Construction Law Section, State Bar of Arizona