Judith Y. Tang
Judith Y. Tang
Judith provides comprehensive personalized estate planning and trust and estate administration services. She is one of very few Certified Specialists in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization who speaks fluent Cantonese. She also speaks conversational Mandarin.
Judith counsels and assists clients in estate planning matters to protect loved ones and minimize tax consequences. She prepares wills, trusts, life insurance trusts, durable powers of attorney, Advance Health Care Directives, and related documents. She also represents trustees, executors, administrators, and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration. She is experienced in implementing estate plans, resolving creditor and tax issues, and administering the estate in accordance with the decedent’s wishes.
Judith is an author and speaks on estate planning topics, for the State Bar of California and the Continuing Education of the Bar. She was appointed to the Executive Committee of the California Lawyers Association’s Trusts and Estates section. Judith is active in the Bay Area Chinese community and has been featured on Chinese radio and on TVB’s “Financial Magazine” television program. She was a board member of the Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce for nine years.
- J.D., University of California, San Francisco, Hastings College of the Law
- B.S., high honors, University of California, Berkeley
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2005-present
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2010-2022
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, Top Women Attorneys, 2010-2022
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Judicial Extern to Judge Saundra Brown Armstrong, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, “Trusts and Estates Career Panel and Lunch at Berkeley Law,” California Lawyers Association, Trusts and Estates Executive Committee, March 22, 2023
- Update Author, “Drafting California Revocable Trusts, Chapter 21 – Funding the Trust,” Continuing Education of the Bar, 2020-2022
- Contributing Author, “California Basic Practice Handbook,” Continuing Education of the Bar, 2012-2022
- Presenter, “Transferring Real Property,” Continuing Education of the Bar, December 5, 2017
- Presenter, “Tax Talk—Income and Estate Tax Issues Your Clients Need to Know,” East Bay Trusts & Estates Lawyers, September 15, 2017
- Presenter, “Real Property Essentials for Estate Planning,” Continuing Education of the Bar, May 4, 2017
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Executive Committee, Trusts and Estates Section, California Lawyers Association
- Member, East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
- Member, East Bay Estate Planning Council
- Member, Asian American Bar Association
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- President, Arioso Homeowner’s Association
- Former Board of Director, Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce
- Cantonese Chinese (Fluent)
- Mandarin Chinese (Conversational)