KATHLEEN E. CALLAWAY
Callaway, Kathleen E.
Katie practices in the estate planning and probate area. Prior to joining us, she worked as Associate Editor for Wealth Strategies Journal where she drafted blog posts summarizing developments in tax and estate planning for the Journal’s website.
While in law school Katie served as a legal extern in the Phoenix, Arizona Juvenile Public Defender’s Office and the Crime Victims Legal Assistance Project in Phoenix, Arizona. She also served as a legal extern for The Honorable George Foster, Maricopa County Superior Court.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law
- J.D., Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.A., Arizona State University
- Pedrick Scholar CALI Awards for highest grade in Evidence and Employment Law
- Homeless Legal Assistance Project, Volunteer; Study abroad (Europe-Summer 2009)
Areas Of Practice
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
- Estate Planning
- Private Client and Wealth Preservation
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Trusts and Estates, 2021-2023
- Southwest Rising Stars®, Estate & Probate, 2021
- Next-Generation Legal Leader, Phoenix Business Journal, 2021
Articles and Presentations
- Interview, “A Conversation On Leadership & Life In The Law With Katie Callaway,” Fennemore Blog, March 3, 2022
- Speaker, “Digital Assets,” The Arizona Fiduciaries Association 2018 Spring Conference, April 20, 2018
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Board Member, Back to School Clothing Drive
- Member, Board of Trustees, Phoenix Boys Choir