Kevin M. Rodriguez
Kevin has over 15 years of experience representing fiduciaries, beneficiaries and nonprofit organizations in contested trust, estate, conservatorship, and elder abuse matters. He represents his clients in all phases of litigation, from pre-litigation avoidance to mediation, trial and, if necessary, appeal.
While Kevin now focuses his practice exclusively on litigation matters, he also has an LL.M. in taxation and has an extensive background in estate planning, trust and probate administration, and estate and gift taxation.
- LL.M., Taxation, Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.S.C., Santa Clara University
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Serving ultra-high net worth individuals, families, and their business concerns.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Trusts and Estates, 2023 and 2024
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Author, “Show Me The Money: When Can Trustees Use Trust Funds to Litigate,” Contra Costa Lawyers Magazine, October 2017
- Author, “A Balancing Act: The Appropriate Role of Court Appointed Counsel in Proposed Conservatorships,” California Trusts & Estates Quarterly, Volume 19, Issue 1, 2013
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Board Member, Conservation Society of California – Oakland Zoo
- Board Member, Legal Assistance for Seniors
- Member, East Bay Estate Planning Council
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Volunteer Member, Litigation Subcommittee, Trusts and Estates Section of the California Lawyers Association