KIMBERLY A. ARANA
As a member of our Management Committee, Kim Arana helps lead the direction of the firm. Her practice focuses on agricultural, international, and corporate law. This seasoned business attorney especially enjoys the opportunity to help her clients with cross-border business transactions and business dealings in the U.S. and in Mexico. Kim also counsels businesses involved in the growing and distribution of perishable agricultural commodities and in manufacturing and maquiladora (twin plant) operations.
Kim has been a resident of Nogales since 1982 when she moved to the area to join her husband. She quickly became a part of the fabric of the community, especially the business community, after joining us in 1999. Fluent in Spanish, this business attorney regularly works in conjunction with Mexican counsel to prepare agreements for international commercial transactions, including secured transactions. In addition to her background negotiating cross-border deals, this Arizona business lawyer is also an expert negotiator who balances the Sun Devils-Wildcats rivalry under one roof; having earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish, magna cum laude, from Arizona State University, followed by a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law.
Outside of work, Kim enjoys spending ample time with her five children and grandchildren. She uses her weekends to focus on cooking and being active by golfing, biking, playing tennis, and hiking.
- J.D., University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, Spanish, Arizona State University
- Phi Beta Kappa
Areas Of Practice
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with expertise in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, International Trade and Finance Law, 2010-2022
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Interview, “At the Crossroads of International Trade Between the United States and Mexico,” Fennemore Blog, March 25, 2021
- Quoted, “Let’s Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day,” Fennemore Blog, February 18, 2021
- Author, “New Tomato Suspension Agreement Signed,” Fennemore Client Alert, October 16, 2019
Professional and community activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Santa Cruz County Bar Association
- Member, Law Student Division, American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Spanish, Fluent