Defeat appears to me preferable to total inaction.
MARIO C. VASTA
Mario Vasta works in our business litigation practice group focusing primarily on civil litigation, including resolving real estate, contract and business disputes. He also represents clients in domestic and international intellectual property (IP) litigation matters, including dealing with trademark applications, opposition, and counterfeiting issues. He’s also the go-to attorney for companies battling scam artists trying to divert their customers to fraudulent websites. Mario utilizes the process under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy – or UDRP – to take down these imposters, while protecting his clients’ vital brand domains. In keeping with our proud history in water law, Mario’s practice also includes natural resources matters, and his work on behalf of farmers in eastern Arizona has legal precedents dating back to the 1920s.
At the early age of 12, Mario knew he wanted to be an attorney. Encouraged by his mother, who worked as a paralegal, he consistently honed his reading, writing and public speaking skills in his youth. Raised in Upstate New York, he always knew he wanted to head out West, so he drove his Pontiac to Phoenix, Arizona, where he graduated first in his class at Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. Feeling like he found his true calling as a business litigation attorney, Mario takes great satisfaction in working with clients to creatively solve problems and resolve disputes favorably.
When he is not busy at work as a commercial litigation attorney, Mario is usually spending family time with his two-year-old son, his wife, and Australian cattle dog. He recharges his batteries in the great outdoors with activities like hiking and kayaking. An avid reader, Mario has an extensive library in his home where you will find copious amounts of scientific and historical nonfiction titles.
- J.D., summa cum laude, Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.A., Cornell University
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Create. Protect. Thrive.
Your Technology and Intellectual Property Assets Are The Lifeblood Of Your Business: We Partner With You To Protect Your Critical IP —and To Identify and Implement IP Strategies To Help You Thrive.
- Intellectual Property
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author, “Troll Control – Reactions to Copyright Trolls | Part Two,” Fennemore Client Alert, May 27, 2021
- Co-author, “Troll Control – Reactions to Copyright Trolls | Part One,” Fennemore Client Alert, May 20, 2021
- Co-author, “There is no such thing as a permanent golf course view. Or is there?” Arizona Attorney Magazine, October 1, 2020
- Co-author, “Protection for Street Art on Buildings,” Fennemore Client Alert, September 2, 2020
- Quoted, “Business Briefcase,” Peoria Times, May 21, 2020
Professional and community activities
- Alumni Member, Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit