Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
MaryJo E. Smart
MaryJo Smart is an associate in our Business Litigation practice group who works out of our firm’s Reno, NV office. Her practice focuses on general commercial disputes; professional and commercial liability in the areas of real estate and construction; as well as transactional matters and general business advising. She has in depth litigation experience ranging from pre-litigation and the inception of a case through trial.
A fifth-generation Nevadan and the youngest of four siblings, albeit the most protective, MaryJo has always found herself advocating for others. Her tenacity and dedication to fight for what she believes in translates well to the dynamic practice of civil litigation, and MaryJo brings this strong-willed mentality to each of her cases. In her practice, she finds it crucial to get to know her clients and learn how their businesses operate on a granular level, as well as appreciate their ultimate goals and needs, in order to effectively litigate on their behalf.
Outside of the office, MaryJo enjoys practicing yoga, learning to ski, and discovering new restaurants with her fiancé. She also spends most of her free time with her seven nieces and nephews and her French Bulldog, Francois (Frankie for short).
- J.D., With Great Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Traynor Honor Society
- Chief Articles & Symposium Editor, The University of the Pacific Law Review
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Judge Morrison C. England, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- B.S., University of Nevada, Reno
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Real Estate Litigation
- Mediation and Arbitration
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Featuring, “MaryJo Smart joins the Fennemore Business Litigation practice group,” Northern Nevada Business Weekly, April 14, 2023
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada