Be kind to yourself. Be accountable, but kind.
ROBERT J. KRAMER
Attorney Robert Kramer is a Director in the firm and our Chief Talent Officer. As a member of our firm’s C-Suite, he oversees attorney recruitment, professional development, onboarding and retention. He’s also a passionate supporter of diversity and inclusion and works on many initiatives in support of this important part of Fennemore’s unique culture.
For more than 27 years and before taking over as the firm’s first Chief Talent Officer in 2016, Bob practiced law in the areas of environmental, water, natural resources and real estate, and has resolved legal matters relating to environmental due diligence and audits, hazardous waste regulation, materials recycling, underground storage tanks, pretreatment requirements, Superfund sites and remedial actions and water issues. This past experience gives Bob an insider’s view into the legal profession in his work with the next generation of legal talent entering the field. Bob takes tremendous pride in helping and seeing others succeed.
Outside of the office, Bob is an avid Ohio State football and Los Angeles Dodgers fan. He enjoys travel and his most recent adventures took him to Dubai and on a tour through French Polynesia including Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.A., University of California, San Diego
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Arizona State Law Journal, 1987-1988
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Natural Resources Law, 2021-2024
- Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental Law, 2023 and 2024
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Interview, “Fennemore’s Chief Talent Officer: Ensuring a Diversity of Thoughts and Voices Helps Us Better Serve Our Clients,” Fennemore Blog, July 8, 2021
- Quoted, “Phoenix law firm extends ASU Law scholarship, fellowship program to improve diversity in legal field,” ASU News, June 2, 2021
- Quoted, “Arizona State University: Shaping The Future Of Data Privacy, Cybersecurity And Learner Empowerment At ASU’s Digital Trust Summit,” Patch, June 2, 2021
- Interview, “Fenn.Talks: Recruiting Top Talent & The Summer Associate Program with Bob Kramer,” Fenn.Talks Podcast, April 22, 2021
- Quoted, “2 More Firms Change Up Their Summer Associate Programs,” Law360, May 15, 2020
- Quoted, “Raising the Bar: Job Prospects Look Good for Arizona’s Next Generation of Attorneys,” Phoenix Business Journal, July 25, 2018
- Quoted, “How Do We Attract Young People to the Legal Industry?” AZ Big Media, December 30, 2016
- Certified instructor for environmental matters with the Arizona Department of Real Estate
- Previous guest lecturer on environmental issues at the Arizona State University, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Professional and community activities
- Member, Executive Council, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law Section, American Bar Association
- Past Program Chair-Central Arizona, Executive Council, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Past Vice Chairperson, Environmental Quality Committee, Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law Section, American Bar Association