ROBERT J. KRAMER
Robert is our Chief Talent Officer and oversees attorney recruitment, professional development, onboarding and retention. He also assists with diversity initiatives throughout the firm.
In addition to this role, Robert practices in the area of environmental and water law and has resolved legal matters relating to environmental due diligence and audits, hazardous waste regulation, materials recycling, underground storage tanks, pretreatment requirements, Superfund sites and remedial actions and water issues.
Prior to his time with us, Robert was corporate environmental counsel for a Fortune 500 company.
- J.D., magna cum laude Arizona State University, Sandra Day O?onnor College of Law
- B.A. University of California, San Diego
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Arizona State Law Journal, 1987-1988
Areas Of Practice
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
- Climate Change
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Natural Resources Law, 2021
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Interview, “Fennemore’s Chief Talent Officer: Ensuring a Diversity of Thoughts and Voices Helps Us Better Serve Our Clients,” Fennemore Blog, July 8, 2021
- Quoted, “Phoenix law firm extends ASU Law scholarship, fellowship program to improve diversity in legal field,” ASU News, June 2, 2021
- Quoted, “Arizona State University: Shaping The Future Of Data Privacy, Cybersecurity And Learner Empowerment At ASU’s Digital Trust Summit,” Patch, June 2, 2021
- Interview, “Fenn.Talks: Recruiting Top Talent & The Summer Associate Program with Bob Kramer,” Fenn.Talks Podcast, April 22, 2021
- Quoted, “2 More Firms Change Up Their Summer Associate Programs,” Law360, May 15, 2020
- Quoted, “Raising the Bar: Job Prospects Look Good for Arizona’s Next Generation of Attorneys,” Phoenix Business Journal, July 25, 2018
- Quoted, “How Do We Attract Young People to the Legal Industry?” AZ Big Media, December 30, 2016
- Certified instructor for environmental matters with the Arizona Department of Real Estate
- Previous guest lecturer on environmental issues at the Arizona State University, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Professional and community activities
- Member, Executive Council, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Past Program Chair-Central Arizona, Executive Council, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Past Vice Chairperson, Environmental Quality Committee, Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law Section, American Bar Association