Sandi M. Colabianchi
Sandi Colabianchi is an Of Counsel attorney who works in our Financial Restructuring practice group from our Oakland office with experience in transactional and litigation matters, including contracts, real estate, workouts and bankruptcy matters on behalf of lenders, creditors, debtors and trustees.
Raised in a military family, Sandi left Hawaii for California to attend college. The intellection stimulation of being a lawyer has always been a draw for her and after a clerkship for the Honorable Marilyn Morgan, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of California, Sandi’s passion for this sector of the law became cemented.
Her practice includes representation of chapter 7 panel trustees, chapter 11 trustees, as well as creditors and landlords in bankruptcy and litigation matters. She has handled appeals of bankruptcy court decisions to the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Ninth Circuit and the United States District Court. She has also handled foreclosure, litigation and bankruptcy matters for lenders and special servicers for REMIC trusts involving commercial mortgage-backed securities, conventional real property loans and guarantees. Her work in this area has included complex foreclosure, receivership, bankruptcy matters, workouts, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and property.
Outside of the office, Sandi unwinds with activities such as golfing and skiing.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- Articles Editor, Santa Clara Computer and High Technology Law Journal
- B.A., Business Administration, Whittier College
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
One of the largest and most active bankruptcy and creditors’ rights legal practices in the Southwest and California, representing clients locally, regionally, and nationally.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Best Lawyers in America® distinction in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2015-2023)
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Member, Olympic Club
- Member, Bench-Bar Liaison Committee, 2019-2022
- Member, Executive Committee, Auxiliary for the Edgewood Center for Children and Families, 2013-2017
- U.S. District Courts, California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit