STEVEN D. MCGEE
Listen, learn, solve the problem. Always act with integrity.
STEVEN D. MCGEE
Steven McGee is a business trial lawyer based out of our Fresno office, and his practice includes a wide range of commercial and real estate matters, with substantial emphasis on construction and real estate issues and business litigation. His clients include business entities, contractors, design professionals, real estate developers, and agribusiness firms. Steven has over 40 years of trial experience in state and federal courts, as well as commercial and judicial arbitration proceedings. He is an American Arbitration Association arbitrator, serving on its construction industry and commercial arbitration panels.
After completing law school at the University of San Diego, Steven practiced at Kimble, MacMichael & Upton for 35 years before joining Dowling Aaron in 2011. He believes clients trust him to look out for their best interests, and he takes great satisfaction in helping clients achieve successful resolution of pending disputes.
Steven has been invited to be a speaker at a number of Lorman and NBI seminars where he has presented with local judges on trial practice and trial techniques, and has been a featured speaker on topics including construction related remedies and mechanics lien laws. He is an “AV” rated attorney by Martindale-Hubble and was selected for inclusion in the Northern California Super Lawyers® list (2006 through present), and a Super Lawyers® Top 100 Attorney in Northern California from 2008 through 2019.
Steven is married with five adult children, and he enjoys spending time with extended family, traveling, and is an avid San Francisco Giants fan. He supports a number of local charities including the Community Food Bank, Fresno Rescue Mission, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.S., Business Administration, California State University, Fresno
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our construction attorneys have substantial experience with the diverse and often complex aspects of the construction business.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction Law and Litigation
Awards and Honors
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2006-2021
- Super Lawyers®, Top 100 in Northern California, 2008-2019
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Panelist, American Arbitration Association-Construction Industry and Commercial Arbitration
- Member, American Bar Association- Construction Industry Forum
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL), San Joaquin Valley Chapter-Board Member and Past President
- Member, Legal Advisory Committee to the Associated General Contractors of California
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court