THOMAS H. FELL
Tom practices in the areas of business restructuring and bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, and landlord/tenant law. He is involved in all aspects of the firm’s complex insolvency practice, including representation of several major hotel and casino companies.
His representation of debtors and creditors in non-gaming companies ranges from large multi–jurisdictional companies to single asset real estate developments including retail power centers and office complexes.
A former professional photographer, Tom still enjoys photography and documenting his travels.
- J.D., with honors, Drake University Law School
- B.A., Drake University
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
- Led representation of a nationwide fleet management business through a successful Chapter 11 reorganization, which included restructuring of over $650 million in debt and resulted in the pre-petition equity holders retaining 100% of this privately held company.
- Led representation of statutory lienholders owed in excess of $300 million in Fontainbleau Las Vegas’ bankruptcy proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court in Florida.
- Represented both debtors and creditors in the restructuring of several major hotel and casino companies, both Nevada based and multi-jurisdictional, as well as several gaming related or manufacturing companies.
- Represented many types of lenders and investors in judicial and non-judicial proceedings and bankruptcy cases to resolve claims or repossess and dispose of collateral.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Bet-the-Company Litigation, 2014-2015, 2017-2024
- Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2011-2024
- Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2006-2024
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2007-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2014, 2017 & 2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2016 & 2018
- “Legal Elite,” Nevada Business Magazine, 2018
- Clark County Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2006
Articles and Presentations
- Quoted, “Business Survival vs. Pandemic Destruction,” Nevada Business Magazine, April 1, 2021
- Quoted, “Landlord and tenant negotiations during COVID-19,” Las Vegas Business Press, August 18, 2020
- Quoted, “‘They’re panicking’: Nevada assistance program to give renters some help during COVID-19,” 3 News Las Vegas, July 20, 2020
- Interview, “More than 250K Nevadans could be at risk of eviction,” KTNV Las Vegas, July 11, 2020
- Quoted, “Eviction moratorium set to expire,” KKOH-AM, June 24, 2020
- Quoted, “Moratorium to Expire,” KLAS Good Day Las Vegas, June 24, 2020
- Quoted, “Statewide eviction moratorium deadline approaches,” 8 News Now, June 23, 2020
- Quoted, Specter of pent-up evictions, foreclosures haunt Nevada as moratorium set to expire,” Reno Gazette Journal, June 22, 2020
- Quoted, “Clock ticking on eviction moratorium expiring in Nevada,” KTNV 13 News, June 22, 2020
- Quoted, “Moratorium on Evictions,” KTVN 2 News, June 19, 2020
- Co-author, “Tenant Defaults and Bankruptcies,” Fennemore Client Alert, May 27, 2020
- Quoted, “Everything Must Go: Bankruptcies in Nevada,” Nevada Business Magazine, March 1, 2020
- Panelist, “Selling and Insider’s Claim and Buying Plan Confirmation,” 2016 Southwest Bankruptcy Conference, September 2016
Professional and community activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Southern Nevada Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Member, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Pro Bono Advisory Council
- Member, Bankruptcy Pro Bono Committee