LITIGATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Fennemore has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Litigation Support Specialist to join our Oakland office. Responsibilities cover a broad spectrum of substantive legal functions under the direction and supervision of the Litigation/Practice Support Manager and licensed attorneys. This person will assist attorneys and paralegals during all phases of the litigation process. Position is eligible for a flexible work arrangement with the ability to work remotely as well as in our Oakland, CA office as needed approximately 1-2 days per week.
- Assist eDiscovery teams with complex searching, tagging, filtering and reviewing data sets;
- Analyze electronic media to determine content and the most effective ways to process the media;
- Responsible for the hands-on technical aspects of document organization and control, including electronic discovery and scanned document productions;
- Maintains accurate records of data received and stored including chain of custody of evidentiary documents and any requests made of the department;
- Coordinates with Litigation Support and case teams to select, communicate with and manage outside vendors for electronic discovery and imaging projects. Work on multiple projects while remaining organized and meeting deadlines;
- May assist attorneys in preparation for and attendance at hearings, mediations, depositions and trial;
- Analyze user document and data requirements;
- Off-Site and case presentation support: and
- Overtime may be required during periods of high workload, flexibility in daily work schedule is required.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in litigation support;
- Exceptional customer service skills for internal and external customers;
- Expert knowledge of computer operations and software programs typically used in a legal setting, including Relativity, MS Office programs (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Access), Snagit, case management, eDiscovery platforms, Trial Director or equivalent software commonly used by the legal profession in the course of litigation;
- Develops constructive, cooperative and professional working relationships with others, including clients, maintaining them over time; and
- Flexible work arrangement available with ability to work in on-site as needed.
PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING TODAY
Fennemore is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all social, economic and ethnic groups, and individuals with disabilities, to apply to our positions. Fennemore is dedicated to maintaining an atmosphere that promotes the diversity of personal backgrounds, experiences, abilities, perspectives and ideas. If your experience and qualifications are close to what you see listed here – even if not a perfect match — please still consider applying. If you require assistance or need reasonable accommodations during any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Pay: $90,000/yr. – $105,000/yr.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities as needed.