TRUSTS & ESTATES PARALEGAL
We are seeking a full-time Trusts & Estates Paralegal to support our growing firm.
- Assisting attorneys with the preparation of fiduciary accountings;
- Assisting attorneys with the analysis and administration of trust and estate accounts, including disbursements, bill paying and bank account reconciliations, management of assets, collections, distributions and asset valuations;
- Preparation of probate documents including accounting reports, asset inventories, petitions and court orders; and
- Initiating and responding to correspondence and phone calls from clients, government agencies and other parties regarding trusts and estates.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of experience as a trusts & estates paralegal;
- Bachelor’s degree accompanied by a signed Declaration of Profession under Business and Professions Code Section 6450 or a paralegal certificate;
- Extensive knowledge of estate planning and the administration of trust and probate estates;
- Financial aptitude and training/experience in accounting or bookkeeping strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in the common collection of Microsoft Office software, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with estate planning and tax preparation software highly desired;
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage several projects to completion on a deadline; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the firm and externally with clients and other professional advisors, as needed.
Salary: $70,000 – $78,000/yr.
PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING TODAY
Fennemore is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all social, economic, and ethnic groups, and individuals with disabilities, to apply to our positions. Fennemore is dedicated to maintaining an atmosphere that promotes the diversity of personal backgrounds, experiences, abilities, perspectives, and ideas. If your experience and qualifications are close to what you see listed here — even if not a perfect match — please still consider applying. If you require assistance or need reasonable accommodations during any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. Any employee may be required to perform duties outside of their normal assigned responsibilities, as needed.