Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Winston Churchill
AMY L. JONES
Amy Jones is an associate attorney in our Denver office who works in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group, where she provides a practical and research-driven approach to a diverse set of clients. Her work focuses on corporate disputes, as well as constitutional, patent, contract, immigration and procedural law matters. During and after law school, Amy clerked for the Consumer Protection Unit at the Colorado Attorney General’s Office, where she directly contributed to Colorado’s landmark suit against Juul, the e-cigarette conglomerate.
Originally from London, England, Amy and her family began skiing in Colorado from the time she was a mere seven-years-old, as her father was a pilot for British Airways. Amy eventually became a nationally certified ski instructor, while making Denver her adopted home town. She also knew that if someone would pay her to “read, write and argue,” then a career as an attorney would allow her to follow her ultimate passions. Amy graduated in the top ten percent of her class from University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. She served as both an editor for the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy, and as the Articles Editor for the Denver Law Review. Amy holds a dual Master of Arts in International Relations and Modern History from the University of St. Andrews, where she composed her dissertation on the principle of legality in international criminal law. She loves her job, being part of a team, working toward a common goal – and helping her clients, often at some of the most disastrous times of their lives.
Outside of work, Amy remains an avid international ski traveler, enjoying downhill and cross-country skiing at high elevations around the planet. She also enjoys all types of outdoor recreation, including hiking and running.
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- M.A., University of St. Andrews in Scotland, Honors
- Order of the Coif
AREAS OF PRACTICE
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Interview, “Attorney Amy Jones on advice to junior associates, life after law school and her proudest moments,” Denver Business Journal, July 12, 2022
- Interview, “Everything is an opportunity,” Fennemore Blog, November 4, 2021
- Author, “Sessions v. Dimaya: Void for Vagueness in Immigration Law,” 96 Dev. L. Rev. Online, April 2019
- Presentation, “Costs and consequences of wake effects arising from uncoordinated wind energy development,” Energy Policy Institute’s Energy Policy Conference, September 2018
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Doyle Inn of Court
- Member, Northwest Colorado Bar Association