Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Winston Churchill
AMY L. JONES
Amy Jones is an associate in our Denver office who works in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. Amy has experience assisting in high-stakes litigation matters, with a focus on commercial contract disputes, business tort matters, and partnership disputes. She helps clients effectively navigate complex commercial disputes using a practical and research-driven approach to achieve favorable outcomes both via dispositive motions and at trial. She has served on jury and bench trial teams, gaining valuable experience in preparing and arguing dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, and resolving various discovery disputes. Amy is also active in the firm’s civil pro bono practice.
Amy earned her law degree from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, where she graduated in the top ten percent of her class. She served as both the Articles Editor for the Denver Law Review and an editor for the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy. During law school, Amy served as a judicial extern for federal court judges for both the District of Colorado and Northern District of Texas. Amy also clerked for the Consumer Protection Unit at the Colorado Attorney General’s Office, where she directly contributed to Colorado’s landmark suit against Juul, the e-cigarette conglomerate.
Originally from London, England, Amy and her family began skiing in Colorado from the time she was a mere seven-years-old, as her father was a pilot for British Airways. She eventually became a nationally certified ski instructor, while making Denver her adopted home town. Amy holds a dual Master of Arts in International Relations and Modern History from the University of St. Andrews, where she composed her dissertation on the principle of legality in international criminal law.
Outside of work, Amy remains an avid international ski traveler, enjoying downhill and cross-country skiing at high elevations around the planet. She also enjoys all types of outdoor recreation, including hiking and running.
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- M.A., University of St. Andrews in Scotland, Honors
- Order of the Coif
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch – Commercial Litigation, 2023 and 2024
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Interview, “Attorney Amy Jones on advice to junior associates, life after law school and her proudest moments,” Denver Business Journal, July 12, 2022
- Interview, “Everything is an opportunity,” Fennemore Blog, November 4, 2021
- Author, “Sessions v. Dimaya: Void for Vagueness in Immigration Law,” 96 Dev. L. Rev. Online, April 2019
- Presentation, “Costs and consequences of wake effects arising from uncoordinated wind energy development,” Energy Policy Institute’s Energy Policy Conference, September 2018
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Doyle Inn of Court
- Member, Northwest Colorado Bar Association