CHRIS H. BYRD
Chris represents a wide variety of businesses and their owners in commercial transactions, litigation, mediation and arbitration. His experience includes the formation of companies, business sales and acquisitions, mergers, financing transactions and security agreements, shareholder agreements, employment contracts, construction contracts for owners and general contractors, real property purchase and sale agreements, leases (retail and industrial), distribution agreements, and lien perfection.
When businesses have been unable to resolve their disputes, Chris has represented clients before a variety of state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and dispute resolution forums such as the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, and the Nevada Arbitration Association.
Chris enjoys collaborating with his clients, most of whom are business owners or entrepreneurs, and finding common-sense solutions to their business challenges.
Away from work, Chris is an avid cook, traveler and golfer. He served two years as the chairman of the PGA Tour’s Las Vegas Invitational which raised over $2,000,000 for local charities.
- J.D., Notre Dame Law School
- A.B., magna cum laude, University of Notre Dame
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
- Aviation, Aerospace and Autonomous Systems
- Commercial Transactions
- Harris Associates v. Clark County School Dist., 119 Nev. 638, 81 P.3d 532 (2003)
- Southwest Gas Corp v. Vargas, 111 Nev. 1064, 901 P.2d 693 (1995)
- Mason v. Fakhimi, 109 Nev. 1153, 865 P.2d 333 (1993)
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, 2013-2022
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation, 2018-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Construction Law, 2019
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Construction Litigation, 2008-2017
- “Legal Elite,” Nevada Business Magazine, 2016
- Nevada’s Best Lawyers®, 2013
- Top Lawyers, Vegas Inc., 2013
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Compelling and Staying Arbitration in Nevada,” Practical Law, June, 2017
- Co-Author, “Enforcing Arbitration Awards in Nevada,” Practical Law, November, 2016
Professional and community activities
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Construction Forum, American Bar Association
- Member, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, National Institute of Trial Advocates
- President, Las Vegas Founders’ Foundation
- Past President, Las Vegas Founders Club, 1999-2000
- Past Chairman, PGA Tour, Las Vegas Invitational, 1997-1998
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit