I am not afraid – I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc
Christina Suarez is an associate in our Business & Finance practice group who works out of our Fresno Office. She is a knowledgeable researcher with a demonstrated history of working in the oil & energy industry with experience in petroleum matters, corporate social responsibility and petroleum geology.
Originally on the road to becoming an engineer, Christina was personally selected by a professor of Petroleum Engineering (who was also a patent attorney) to conduct research on climate change, sustainability, corporate responsibility and ethics and negotiation – which led her to research centers in Germany and Belgium. Ultimately, Christina realized that her true passion was in the field of law, so she took her LSATs and the rest is history. In her practice, she’s most inspired by looking beyond just facts and figures, and working with people where she has the ability to solve their complex problems.
Outside of the office, you’ll find Christina in the ring where she practices martial arts (Black Belt in Karate) and spars with MMA fighters. When she really needs to unwind, she turns to classical piano, drawing and all things related to science fiction.
- J.D., U.C. Davis, School of Law
- Recipient, Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- President, Christian Legal Society
- Bluebook Editor, Environs – Environmental Law Journal
- Phi Theta Kappa
- M.S., Colorado School of Mines
- B.S., Colorado School of Mines
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Articles and Presentations
- Author, “Government, the Oil Industry, and Climate Change” – SPE, The Way Ahead, 2018
- Co-author, “Coal in Ruhr, Germany: Industry in Transition. An American Perspective” – Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, Mining Engineering, March 2019
- Spanish, Russian and English, Fluent
- Chinese, Semi-Fluent