United We Zag!
David Lewandowski is an Of Counsel attorney in our Reno office who works in the firm’s business and finance practice group where he brings an entrepreneurial spirit to a variety of corporate matters, including debt and equity financing issues for emerging businesses, transactional and capital financing counsel, complex buying and selling strategies, as well as mergers and acquisitions tactics. He works with publicly-traded companies and privately held entities on issues such as governance and contract matters, and he’s also passionate about helping advise budding entrepreneurs and start-ups in Reno’s vibrant Tech Hub on business law issues that arise during the formation and operational phases of a business.
Known for solving the problem, and getting the deal done, David takes great pride in providing effective, honest and transparent counsel to his clients. He has a track record of understanding deals and risks, and knowing exactly what business owners and entrepreneurs are actually signing, so he can help them avoid the common pitfalls that they often face. Before joining Fennemore, David worked for a technology-based business accelerator/incubator. He frequently volunteers his time by serving as a guest lecturer for entrepreneurship classes at the University of Nevada, the Davidson Academy, Entrepreneurship Assembly, and NxLevel Entrepreneur Training Courses.
When he is not working, David enjoys fly-fishing in the Truckee River and spending time with his family, which now includes coaching his son’s little league baseball team, and cheering on his daughter at her latest gymnastic performance.
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
- M.B.A., Gonzaga University
- B.B.A., cum laude, University of San Diego
- Business Editor, Gonzaga Law Review
- Omicron Delta Epsilon – Lifetime Induction, International Economics Society
Areas Of Practice
We are poised and ready for the next revolution in the legal industry:
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our business attorneys recognize and appreciate the value of entrepreneurship and innovation, and are committed to providing efficient, straightforward and business-oriented solutions that facilitate success and avoid pitfalls while recognizing early capital is precious and expensive.
Create. Protect. Thrive.
Your Technology and Intellectual Property Assets Are The Lifeblood Of Your Business: We Partner With You To Protect Your Critical IP —and To Identify and Implement IP Strategies To Help You Thrive.
Our privacy and data security practice addresses the administrative, regulatory and litigation concerns of business in the face of mounting threats and increasing state and federal regulation in the areas of data privacy, data breach and security.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
- Trademark and Copyright Law
Awards and Honors
- Mountain States Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, Business/Corporate Law, 2015-2021
- “Legal Elite,” Nevada Business Magazine, 2014-2015, 2017-2020
- Twenty Under 40, Reno Tahoe Young Professional Network/Northern Nevada Business View, 2018
- Nevada Innovators (Problem Solvers), Northern Nevada Business Weekly Readers’ Choice Best in Business Award, 2018
- Technology Advocate of the Year, NCET and EDAWN, 2017
Articles and Presentations
- Quoted, “Starting Up a Nevada Business Enterprise? Don’t Forget These Legal Dos and Don’ts,” Northern Nevada Business View, May 20, 2019
- Co-author, “All Dollars Are Not Created Equal,” Northern Nevada Business Weekly Smart Money, March 19, 2018
- Co-author, “This Revitalization – This RENOvation – is No Quirk of Fate,” NCET, March 11, 2018
- Quoted, “Legally Speaking…What Needs to be Done to Launch a Startup in Northern Nevada?” Northern Nevada Business Weekly, March 12, 2018
- Co-author, “RENOvation,” Link Magazine, March 11, 2018
- Quoted, “Start Me Up,” Northern Nevada Business Weekly, January 29, 2018
Professional and community activities
- Board Member, Safe Kids Washoe County, 2012-2016
- Board Member, Women and Children’s Center of the Sierra
- Mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters, matched since 2011
- Barrister, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Treasurer and Board Member, Entrepreneurship Nevada