Jeffery B. Levi
In addition to Jeff’s experience in estate planning, he has a background in corporate and transactional law, which gives him unique insights into advising individuals and families with business interests. Jeff works closely with clients to devise strategies and creative solutions to meet their objectives. He is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in estate planning, trust, and probate law.
Jeff works with individuals and families to plan and structure their estates. He prepares revocable trusts, irrevocable generational trusts, wills, durable powers of attorney, and advance health care directives. With his corporate and transactional skills, Jeff frequently forms and prepares the organizational and operating documents for family businesses (such as family limited partnerships and limited liability companies) to meet clients’ estate planning and business objectives.
Jeff’s experience includes forming, organizing, and counseling limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations. He has acted as outside counsel for entities on a variety of legal issues, such as buy-sell agreements, duties of directors, and family business succession. Jeff has handled major transactions, including acquisitions, financings, conversions, and dissolutions, and advises clients about their estate planning options when faced with liquidity events or other changes in their businesses. Jeff also has substantial experience with forming, counseling, and obtaining tax-exempt status for nonprofit organizations.
- J.D., cum laude, University of San Francisco, School of Law
- B.A., Pomona College, California
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
- Nonprofits and Trade Organizations
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Super Lawyer, Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2014-2019
- Rising Star, Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2009-2010
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Author, “Keeping Your Family Business Intact from One Generation to Another” Oakland
Business Review, May 24, 2019
- Author, “Tax Strategies For Family-Owned Businesses?” Financial Advisor, September 07,
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Trust and Estates and Business Sections, California State Bar
- Past President, East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
- Member, East Bay Tax Club
- Member, East Bay Estate Planning Council